Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting tired of looking at my elbows all the time on my RS. I could have sworn seeing a mirror extension kit around somewheres, I just can't seem to find it again. If i'm not imagining it, does anyone know if one exists, and if so, where?? Otherwise I'm gonna have to mickey mouse something, maybe a mirror extension\machine gun mount combo??

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just put some of those shop lifting mirrors on the outer edge. Not perfect, but a whole lot better. I can now actually see right behind me now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered the Jack Lilley mirror extensions for exactly the same reason you mentioned. O.K., maybe they are a little klunky looking, but they definitely work and are made out of a high quality aluminum alloy.
I'm definitely happy with them and it's alot more fun seeing what I'm leaving in the dust!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Sky King products are working on them right now. Members of the triumphnet list are prototype testing this weekend for the ST version.

2002 Triumph Sprint ST
World Storehouse of useless Knowledge

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been away from email so haven't gotten Triumphnet mail this week... Are they working on the ones for the RS also? I know he got the frame sliders completed quickly after the ones for the ST, so maybe?

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I don't know what type of mirror you have but I used to have an 1983 Suzuki GS1100e and the mirrors had an extention/vibration damping coupler that would raise the mirror about 3/4 of an inch and take away all the shaking from vibration.
I've checked with my dealer but they didn't list the part, too bad I could use a set on my ZR. Still looking.

·
Registered
944 Posts
All I know is currently they are testing the ST prototypes. But if he holds true to form, and you let him know there is interest in the same piece for the RS;) I'll bet the RS is next on the list for this piece.

2002 Triumph Sprint ST
World Storehouse of useless Knowledge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts