Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michelin H2\'s on the R1

Has anybody bought put set of the New Michelin H2's on their R1? If so, how did you like them?

It's all fun and games untill somebody looses a knee puck.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Re: Michelin H2\'s on the R1

I've only ridden the Race compound, and you DO NOT want them for the street. Since they're race tires you have to get them VERY warm for them to grip at all, which is almost impossible on the street, and until you do its like riding on ice. Very scary tires for the street, from my experience. But that's only the race compound, haven't tried the other compounds.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

My mistake. The H2 is the street compound (S2 and M2 are race compound). I'm sure they're awesome.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

I'm running M2 rear and pilot race soft in the front..

I like the setup... I'm running the pilot race front for stablity,, but my next race I may go with the M2 front.. not exactly sure yet..

As for traction,, I'm very pleased... I slid the rear once just a little bit it felt controled.. ( not scary ) and that was on the track by the way...

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

What's up Tim? You're sliding the rear now eh? I'll bet you've gotten A LOT better since we rode together at DRA. When are you going to Willow next? I'm hoping to get back on a bike in a month or so, dying to get to the track soon thereafter

·
Registered
5,356 Posts

MOTO, JUDGING BY YOUR PROFILE PIC, LOOK LIKE YOU HAD SOME NASTY CRASHES

1 - 8 of 8 Posts