Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a yosh rs-3 race cf BOLT-ON, but when I recieved the pipe today I noticed that they sent the wrong pipe. They sent the rs-3 race cf SLIP-ON. Now the reason why I didn't want the slip-on was because I heard they make you lose more low-end power because it requires you to remove the SET valve and rear peg, and I didn't want that which is why I ordered the BOLT-ON. Now the question is, is it worth it to keep the SLIP-ON vs. sending it back and getting the BOLT-ON? One other thing I noticed is, the BOLT-ON is more $$$ then the SLIP-ON hi, why is this?

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.denniskirk.com, right here in MN.
The funny thing is, is that the part numbers are the same but it was the wrong pipe. On their web site the part number is 446760 which says "Yoshimura RS-3 race only CF bolt-on". For $489.99 which I didn't pay because they match anyones price and beat it by a $1, so parts411 had it for $389.87 and that's what I ended up paying plus tax. But anyways, even when I called to order the part, one person told me it was a SLIP-ON, but when I actually ordered it the next day I made sure it was a BOLT-ON and this time a different person told me it WAS A BOLT-ON...but sure sh-t, when I recieved it, it was the slip-on.

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
I can tell you that by my seat of the pants dyno I lost no midrange with the half system. I also saw an actual dyno run that showed no loss (or gain) below 7000 RPM. I also did not have to remove the peg, but they may have a high mount now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll be the one to ask the stupid question, but are you sure they offer both? Sometimes slip on/bolt on are used interchangeably, to imply that it just requires removing the stock can and IS NOT a full system. It's possible that they one make a slip on, but along the way somewhere it got refered to as a bolt on. But then again, I'm just guessing...

·
Registered
793 Posts
J, same situation happened to me when I ordered my pipe. They sent the wrong one. (different distributor though) I kept it anyways and agree with longrider, no Hp loss at all....Good luck with your choice but if you were set on the bolt-on in the first place, I'd go with the bolt on. You ordered it for a specific reason, right? It's what you origionally ordered and you'd be good to go. Sucks to have to wait though..

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fat6R...yes yosh has both the slip-on and bolt-on for the gixxer's. The place I ordered it from just messed up. But now i've decided to just return the slip-on and just get a full system(Yosh RS-3 race duplex CF). I'm ordering it from the guy who's gonna be dyno tuning it. It'll just be about a month until it's all done and dynoed. I also just ordered the Extremegraphics undertail with the Libertek LEDs.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the guy is selling it to me for around $750ish. He's going to install it along with my PCIII, and build me a custom map if needed and do a before and after, and get'er all dialed in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts