Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've said before, I built a hot rod sled (Harley Davidson)
it was delivered today. Those are Vance and Hines "Big Radius" baffled pipes heat sheilds to keep from blueing. It's got the Harley thunder sound. . Notice the drive side rear rotor shows off the monster rear wheel. (Performance Machines "Sevilles")

Performance Machine's Phatail conversion kit installed onto a 2005, Soft tail fuel injected 88ci (1450cc)

We started building this Oct. 28, 2004 - we had to return 2 sets of the wheels because they were damaged in shipping.
Corbin saddle makes it look like a hard tail, besides the stock seat won't fit the conversion kit. . . .I tried to get them to throw in Ostriech skin, they says "SURE $680.00" yeeeouch, go with the plain cow hide leather. . .
Phatail = 240mm Metzler -compaired to the- Ninja = 190mm Dunlop

Now I want to ride !!! Here in Ohio we've got three months probably before it'll be nice enough to really ride.
I did take the Phatail through the plat today. Just a slow cruise, this hot rod feels like it has power steering compaired to the Ninja. . Suprisingly the conversion kit doesn't seem to affect the balance. I was very concerned, thought I messed up, thinking I should have installed right side drive to try to balance it out. It's really not that bad. . .and Whoa does this thing turn like a frieght train. . . .Doesn't have that crisp sportbike turn feel.
Oh - when you plunk down 26k for a Harley they outfit ya with some "motorcloths" so far I've got 1 riding jacket and 1 t-shirt, You earn points based on amount spent. . .They told me I still have enough points for 4 more leather jackets, or chrome, or accessories. . . .
Kawasaki dealership gave me 1 t-shirt. . .mmmm

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice bike. Wish I had the cash to put down for a cruising bike and for a sport bike. Sometimes you just want to cruise around and look cool.. that bike does a amazing job at that. :waytogo:

G

·
Nice dawg! I will get me a yamaha banshee before i move up to the custom cruser. Best believe it will be bad like that one. I got to have the 140 inch S&S though. :809028-ridin:

·
Registered
442 Posts
eww is that a chevy? :flame:

j/k. Nice bikes though! I like the green one better though :wink:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep - Chevy Tahoe. I thought the same thing when I bought it.
So I removed the bow tie, went with a GMC insert, then installed a "Stull" billet grill.

Really a nice truck though. . . We've had it since she was new in '97 - does great in the snow

It matches my new Sierra Z71

Z71 sporting it's summer shoes

getting ready to do some 4 wheeling. (Polaris Scrambler 4x4 400cc)

·
Registered
442 Posts
The "summer shoes" are pretty sweet. You've got some nice wheels. I like 'em all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts