Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
I feel like one of the last Mahican's around here.

Thoughtful and touching post you wrote HD. You weren't the only one who shed a tear when the news of "family" members passed. I too never met them, but felt as if I knew them intimately.

It is hard not to dwell on the glory days, but it is what it is. Like South said, you'll always have me (Aren't you so lucky):smile

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Zoey, how goes that project car?
Meh....It's been stalled for a few months, and I feel bad for both me and my blog readers. Working on it is akin to banging my head on the garage floor, and I'm finding it really hard to muster up the motivation to get back at it. Thanks for asking though!

How's the family doing, John?

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
I think the answer to your situation is that you need more projects
Oh, I've got a ton of projects. It's finding the motivation to do said projects that's the problem.

A few weeks ago I was diving in North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Notably, I dove the Lembeh Straights. Excellent weather, wonderful people, gorgeous topography, and killer muck diving. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Also spent some time in Singapore. I have never, ever seen such a clean city in my entire life. I guess there are significant punishments dolled out if you litter, and I *think* the same can be said for breaking the law. Singapore is all about entertainment. The airport is out of this world! It's not just a place to catch a flight or transfer, it's like a destination in itself. They had things like (all free): calf massages, movie theater, botanical and butterfly gardens... Tons and tons of shopping, reasonably priced on-site hotel rooms, and the food there didn't cost an arm and a leg like every other airport I've been to (a fiver will get you a full meal).

Took 30 hours to get there, and 58.5 hours to get home.

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Yep John, all dive trips. Why else would you go on holiday?:smile

On the way home we flew from Manado Indonesia to Singapore, where we had a 16 hour layover. We arrived late, so we didn't get to putz around as much as we would have liked. From there, we flew to Tokyo (no layover), then to Los Angeles, and finally home. Took like 58.5 hours door to door.

Whatever the punishments in Singapore are, they work, and I wouldn't object to adopting some of them Stateside.

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Whoah there, John. Just hang on a doggone minute! :shocked Now, don't go all talking crazy like that. I know you are excited that there has been more than zero replies to threads lately, but that's no reason to go jumping straight into the deep end.

Baby steps before we start another thread, John. Baby steps...

Man, you haven't aged a bit. Aside from rocking a beard, you look exactly as you did when I first started lurking around here.

Really nice photos, especially the panoramics. Were you sent there "for work" (emphasizing the air quotes)?

Here's a photo I took whilst in Singapore. Almost looks CGI doesn't it?

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
I never understood the mentality of those who have an aversion to exploring. It's like the people who go to stay at an all-inclusive resort in a foreign country, but never leave the front gate.

It's a big beautiful world out there with plenty to see and experience, but for whatever reason, Americans on the whole just don't partake.

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Got caught in one of those gumption traps, eh? Go out and wrench on something easy...get a "win." Maybe it will re-motivate you.
[stomping feet on floor and walking out to the garage mode /ON] Yea, yea, yea....I'm going! I'm going!:grin

John, I'm with you on that one. Big City = Stay In Hotel. No go out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts