Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
So for track use the R1 is king! But for street & extended ride the Blade is king!

<font color=red>RAMAIR & SERPENT EQUIP!!!</font color=red>/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Honda has always let comfort and refinement take first priority, so what if they let performance take top priority?

Well, everyone has their niche market.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've owned two Hondas now and have a Gix1000 now. I rode my friend's 929 and the seat on that bike is awfull compared to my 1K. It makes my a$$ so sore after about 10 minutes.

Don't just ride... slide!

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
ny2nj~ MCN's article was a good comparison, but regardless of what they (or for that matter ANY magazine) says, I'm keeping my RR.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the R1 over the other liter bikes, but I think each bike has advantages over it's competitors. It all depends on your personal tastes. I always tell people, get what YOU like, not what the magazines or your friends think is a good bike. Screw brand loyalty unless the manufacturer is paying you. But for all of those people who buy bikes based on these comparisons, what will they do now /images/icons/laugh.gif?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Guardrail,

You are soooo right. I had an F4i and traded it on my 01 Gix1000 after 10 months. I don't know how Honda pulled off this stunt of building their rep for build quality and comfort but its the biggest scam since cold fusion. My F4i was a complete POS (had 3 different CCTs - none were ever right, can't see the display through the clutch cable, seat got very hot in traffic, shifter popped out of gear frequently on the highway - I could go on....). And my butt was so uncomfortable after a half hour of riding I had to stop and get off.

There's not enough money out there to get me on a Honda again.

----------------------------------------
2001 Black & Silver GSXR 1000

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems you need a sport-tourer, not a sportbike /images/icons/laugh.gif. I'll admit the Gixxer seat is a lot softer and there were a few annoying quirks on the F4i. Personally, my tach means more to me than my speedo so the clutch cable wasn't a big issue for me, but I re-routed mine, problem solved. The CCT never gave me problems and I never replaced mine. The seat gets hot, but it's far from intolerable. Maybe I got lucky. The Gixxer isn't exactly the epitome of mechanical excellence. The engine's power stomps it's competition, but what good is it if you can't rely on it? If I were you, I wouldn't say "never" about a buying from a particular manufacturer. You could be missing out on a great bike.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
NY2NJ, well said brother! Too bad alot of members here dont see things that way. For them its all about my bike is faster than your bike! My bike is king yours is a POS! And the trashing and flaming goes on. I have always said buy buy what makes you happy. But most importantly ride safe, and lear to ride the bike to your full capacity! As MCN states there is no real winner here, its what you want from the machine!

<font color=red>RAMAIR & SERPENT EQUIP!!!</font color=red>/images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts