Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody up for lunch at Crossroads Cafe Jan. 1st?

Looks like some of the "northern" AR Gap riders are planning a ride Sat. Of course, if the head is throbbing and you can't get the helmet on... cage it if you want, OK?

I plan on going to the Big Flat Volunteer Fire Dept. to delivering the canyon dancers & tie downs & all the stuff we got from Tony Orihuela, Yamaha SportsCenter in Texarkana, TX. www.yamahasportscenter.com 1-800-Yamaha-0

THANKS TONY!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sounds like fun. Anyone else from the south want to make the trip up? More the merrier! What time are we planning on lunch? I don't know if I'll have time to head over to 341, but I can probably make it up to Allison to say hi and have a bite to eat. :809028-ridin:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey Kathy, doesn't look like I'll be making it up to Allison tomorrow. The roads are still terrible, and my wife and son are sick. I should probably just stick around the house and help them out. That's my excuse anyway. In reality wet sandy roads scare me. I'm a pussy. :tongue: It doesn't look like it's going to clear up by tomorrow either. :frown:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahbe,

We had Darrell from Mt. Home show up Sat. and Tom from Gainsville, MO, and Arild and I. No one from the LR area and not even any other local AR Gap riders. We did meet a group of about 20 wingers & trikes though. Since Tom had passed every single one of them on his way to Allison, I can't say I saw a single one of 'em wave back to us as we stood there at Allison and waved at them as they rode by. Hmmmm... wonder why? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

We had a cloudy departure from AR-ranch, no rain. :waytogo:

Had sunshine & blue skies at Allison when we arrived. Crossroads was closed for New Years Day (opps... I didn't think to call & check :blush: )... so we taped a note on their door for any other riders coming & went 1 mile up Hwy. 5 to Jo Jo's Catfish Wharf restaurant to eat. I was a bit worried you had showed up and didn't know where Jo Jo's was cause when we stopped back at Crossroads after lunch the note was gone. I stopped to take my note off their door.

Sorry if we missed someone. :tongue:

Darrell & Tom headed back north after lunch & got no rain. Arild and I headed over to Big Flat Volunteer Fire Dept. & had a 1 hr. meeting with the Big Flat Mayor & Fire Chief's wife. We gave them the canyon dancers and tie downs that Tony from Texarkana, TX, had donated for the Big Flat Fire Dept. Fund Raiser we're gonna have March 19th. I didn't want to wait to give it to them til March. Maybe they need them before Mar. 19th. On the way back, around the gap area, we hit a real good down pour & it only got heavier as we headed east. :bird:

Those 1st responders & EMT's & firemen in Big Flat... that respond to every 911 AR Gap call are GREAT folk. I will post a special post with that info & details.... but us riders that ride that area really do need to give our support for the March 19th ride & fund raiser.

Sorry to hear about your family not feeling good. You were a good man to take care of them and stay home. Sometimes we just gotta do what we gotta do.

As for the "slippery" roads. You were correct. Darrell had a few "slips" and it was like there was oil on the roads, which the damp roads even made more challenging. It sure was warm though & a great day for a slower paced ride. Be aware that the north end of the gap is a "mess". The south end is still great. Just want y'all to know in case you ride the gap in the near future.

Til we meet again... ride safe & have fun.
Kathy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts