Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes a decent lowering kit for a 93 900RR? want to lower it about 2",where can i find one and how much..Thanks Steve

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ring up Race tech. But why?

Snoochie Boochies!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Because he is a newbie and this is his first bike.
He doesn't know how to lean anyways.

<font color=red>Where did you go at that last curve?<font color=red>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have owned 2 other bikes before this one reason i want to lower it is so it is comfortable to me..I can't touch both feet down at the same time and want to be able too..Thanks for the help but i found my answer otherplaces...Steve

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Dang gr8vfr...a little touchy are we?

Objects in mirror are RAPIDLY getting SMALLER!
'98 Smokin Joe F3 - Miguel Duhamel rocks!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Some times you gotta call it as you see it.

Tell me what you thought, a newbie with two posts, wanting to lower a sportbike?

I thought my wife is 5'2" 115Lbs. she rode the crap out of her 9RR.
The suspenion was set for me at 190Lbs and 5'10".
She leaned the bike and let the weight rest on one foot.

She must be more of a man.

As my wife would say" a 900RR is a girls bike."

<font color=red>Where did you go at that last curve?<font color=red>

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
You know I have never understood why so many short people get all worried about touching both feet on the ground. I have never had a bike in over 20yrs of riding that I could place both feet flat on the ground. I have never had a problem, never fallen over. It makes absolutely no difference while moving. And when stopped you just leave one foot up and lean over a little on the other.

Gravity is a cruel mistress.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
WFO- have you never been in a situation where you have to stop at an intersection or light where the road was messed up, like a deep incline, decline or uneven pavement or even sand or gravel? and also factoring in the weight of the bike with one foot...there is a comfort factor for some of us shorties that you dont realize. And tall people take for granted that if necessary you can flat foot in situations like this. Maybe you have better road conditions than i, i am from NY./images/icons/laugh.gif

i understand this guys reason to want to lower the bike. so everyone give him a break. thanks./images/icons/smile.gif

-Dara

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
Xchief302~ This is very cliche but you might want to do a search and call a few part houses. This way you can find what you need and shop for a good price.
MNB~ How's that? /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have searched everyplace i know online for them racetech doesn't seem to carry one for a 900 RR,any good places online to look for one,my other answer was a wrong lead so i am back trying to find this again..Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No offense to those that have tried to be decent and help out with a SIMPLE question but to the rest that can only make smartass remarks and that think their Sh!t doesn't stink,you have the typical RICER attitudes,You know it ALL and anyone that asks a question is either a dumbass OR a newbie..Why not try being nice for a change and not a DICK all the time,remember u too once started a newbie..Riding a bike doesn't make u god..Thanks for the help guys that were trying to help but [censored] the rest of u that were being dicks..

Steve

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Well said Xchief302 /images/icons/smile.gif LOLOL

Anyway, another nice reason to have BOTH feet touch is for backing up..For instance, to get my bike out everytime I have to back it up about 5 feet on the GRASS. Would be impossible without flat-footing it on both feet. Just like people say they dont understand why people would want both feet on the ground, or need both feet on the ground, I do not understand why you wouldnt want it..

G

·
Registered
323 Posts
do not mess with short guys.
ever notice how much faster the short guys are?
I wish I had small man syndrome like Kurtin Robberts! then I would be fast and be able to talk S#!t.
and fly into corners to hot at road america and take out 4 privaters with my factory backed bike.
nice
peace
plasti

2001 Honda RC51

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I wish I had small man syndrome like Kurtin Robberts! then I would be fast and be able to talk S#!t.
and fly into corners to hot at road america and take out 4 privaters with my factory backed bike.
nice

<hr></blockquote>

And this is all attributed to his height plasti?

G

1 - 16 of 16 Posts