Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im possiably moving from San Diego to the springs...been looking for property OUTSIDE the city..possiably Black Forest / Falcon etc.....

What Im looking for are homes on a small piece of land...the homes need not be new ~no more than 3 acres..but away from neighbors..but still close enought to the city to take advantages of stuff.

Any sugestions of areas where to look..or stay away from.

All this is still a year off so I have plenty of time ..Im just trying to get a lay of the land

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Moved to the Springs from the east coast last August. We live just north of Black Forest. If you are looking for land with a house, you will be pretty much limited to the east or north of the springs. Properties to the west of town are pretty pricey as you get closer to the mountains.

The east is pretty flat, no trees, and some areas are pretty desolate, but property is cheaper. The eastern section is also where most of the large developments are being built.

To the north of the Springs in the Black Forest and Monument areas you can find homes with acreage but the real estate is more expensive. Not sure what price range you are looking for. Coming from CA, the traffic will be a breeze. I moved from the DC area and it is funny to hear people around here complain about traffic.

Also, the northern areas along the Palmer Divide get a lot more snow than the Springs itself. Let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Traffic in Co.Sp. can be a real bitch during the rush hours. If your work is on the north end of town you are in luck so you can buy a home to the north otherwise you will/can spend a good hour getting to the south end of town. Not that I would buy based upon the commute but... Its been 10 years since I lived in the Springs but drive there regularly for friends a family. Not sure on the schools if you have kids.

Larkspur is north of Monument along the foothills and has some great views to the east if your on the hillside but think about losing the sun at 3:00 in the afternoon, that part sucks. On the bright side the road you live off of (perry park rd) is one of the best local roads to ride on in the winter when the canyons are froze up and/or covered in sand. while it can be said that you can ride year round this was a bad year for winter ridding, seemed to get cold or snow on the weekends or just when the roads would clear up another little snow and CDOT would put another blanket of sand down.

Last summer Denver lost two tracks so the only two tracks left in Colorado are in Pueblo and LaJuntawhich are both south of Co.Sp.

Check a local rider site. cosportbikeclub.org (CSC) good luck on the move.

Good luck on the move.

·
eShoelessTVwatcher
10,430 Posts
I use to live in the Black Forest area, but like they said, where is your job going to be near, and you might want to look closer to around there.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I am moving to Denver CO next year, I am concern about track days mostly I would like to be able to keep doing them in Denver :808922-fiddy:

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
Unfortunately the only track in the denver area now is IMI motorsports which literally is a go cart track. He does allow bikes to ride on it but it is a go cart sized track. Pueblo however is only just over a hundred miles and is a good track and real inexpensive and laid back.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Unfortunately in relation to Pueblo, looks like starting Jan 1 there will be no more just "anyone can ride around" type tracktime available.

Looks like you are going to have to be certified under a "specific for ONLY Pueblo" scheme, pay a couple hundred to take a full day class to get it, no more streetbikes in the sense that antifreeze is going to have to go, taping up lights and such. The only thing which hasn't been talked about yet is safety wiring, and I wouldn't be surprised if that shows up at some point in time.

Considering the poor quality of some of the pavement at Pueblo and the facilities in general compared to national caliber tracks, I'd drive 500 mile to Millers before I'd drive 100 to Pueblo. Pueblo would still be okay for "cheap" tracktime, but if I've got to get the equivalent of an MRA license to ride some local yokel backwater versus head out with NESBA to VIR, Mid-O, Millers, Laguna, Portland, Joilet, I'll take a long drive to get to a better track most days of the week.

·
Registered
999 Posts
You mean you don't like the T9 barbwire fence laden downhill runoff or T10's whoops from the drag track? :lol:

It is a fun track but it scares the crap outta me. All the off-road riding area south of the paved track is closed off now as well. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

·
Registered
999 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
troythetroll said:
What happened to the offroad riding part?

[/ QUOTE ]

This will explain it way better than I can. :wink:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I guess my track racing habits are over, I am sure my wife will be happy, I hope there are nice cayon roads where I can at least take all my stress?

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
There is no shortage of good canyon roads in Colorado :waytogo: It would take a whole summer riding every weekend to explore everything. There are probably 10 to 12 different one day rides out of Denver, varying from 2 or 3 hours up to 7 or 8 hours. Then toss in western Colorado and you have enough 2 and 3 day rides to keep you going for a long time

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I just got here in Denver colorado on Dec 23rd visiting my kid and my wife, wow you guys got here so much snow big storm, looks very nice all house with so much snow. You don't get to see this in California unless you live way up in the mountains. I like it here is very peacefull I like it perfect. I looking to move here in February and currently looking for a house. Hopefully I will get to make
new friends here to ride with, I like the idea of Cayons here in Colorado, I just need someone the knows the roads and I can follow.. :808922-fiddy:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
TONS of good roads out here, head towards the mountains and take your pic! :shocked: You can ride for a month straight and never hit the same good road twice. :grin: There are tons of locals that would be more than happy to show you some good local "loops"... :bow:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
http://www.mra-racing.org/

Unfortunately we lost 3 of our 5 tracks in CO last year. All we have left in CO now is Pueblo and La Junta, and La Junta may be on it's way out too. On the bright side, we went to Miller Motorsports Park in Utah for a double header weekend, as well as two trips to the brand new track in Hastings, Nebraska. Both of those are sweet tracks, very nice facilities. :bow:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey Hoop! Long time, no post! How the hell are you???? me? older and fatter... :tongue:
just looked in the 'mountain' section..nobody posts there? Rides anynmore? I still don't have a bike...been a rough few years...did manage to destroy my friend's GSX-R 1000...he was less than pleased about that...you don't street ride anymore?
Hope all is well with you, mi amigo!
mike

1 - 20 of 41 Posts