Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1 headlight on, 1 headlight off look is starting to bother me.

Where can I get an aftermarket dual headlight assembly that allows you to remove the stock assembly, and replace it with one that has dual lowbeam and dual highbeam (ala R6, ZX-6R)...

Thanx...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, now come on...
I know there are a couple of you F4i riders out there that are also annoyed with the one light on look, and have in fact done custom mods to make it look like a dual headlight.

However, I'm not looking for custom trickwork with fiddling around with bulbs and reflectors etc..., I'm willing to pay $500 for a whole new dual headlight assembly. I just need to know what aftermarket company sells it. I called Honda Support line, and they said they will NEVER put out a redesigned OEM dual headlight assembly for the F4i...

So are there any aftermarket manufacturers out there, and what are there websites? Thanx...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If there is an aftermarket company that makes an exact reproduction of the F4i light, I haven't heard of it yet. Stanley is the company that usually makes Honda's OEM lights, but I seriously doubt they make things like that apart from Honda's specs.

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've tried that, but it is impolite and dangerous for oncoming traffic and the cars/bikes in front of you at night.

I'd like to keep the respect bikers have with others on the road, and by doing so, I'm willing to spend $500 for aftermarket dual lowbeam headlights. Blinding others on the road at night loses that respect.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Silver, both bulbs on the f4i are the SAME wattage, meaning they are the same exact bulb. The only thing that makes the high beam blinding is the fact that it is cranked up to a 45 degree angle instead of shining straight ahead. So when your standing there it hits you right in the face. If you insert a phillips head into that little hole on your ram air cover (no dissasembly, its right there) and crank the highbeam down a bit it matches the other light exactly. Both my lights are even now. Not sure if you saw my post on this, but hope this helps. Didn't cost me a thing, and took me about 1 1/2 minutes. Although I did replace the bulbs to some super whites so I guess it did cost me a bit LOL. Heres a head on pic for ya..First ones stock, when I first adjusted it, second one is after new bulbs:

G

·
Registered
698 Posts
That looks good, but now you have no high beams. It sure beats paying $500 though. Your other option is to trade your bike in for a Yamaha /images/icons/laugh.gif.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
hehehe NJ..Trust me I don't need no steenking highbeams /images/icons/smile.gif These nokya arctic whites light up like a MF'er!! I can see curb to curb, I love them..and not blinding fellow riders or cagers either..

G

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn, that looks pretty even G_MAN_911...

I always thought that the reflector for the high beam was totally different from the low beam reflector (in shape and reflector angles), so even if you adjust the bulb down 45°, it will still look different. But I guess seeing is believing, and that picture you posted G_MAN looks pretty much the same on both sides.

Thanx for the tip, I'll try it out...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
maybe stock it's 55w but I bet he's running at least 80 or 100 watts

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!"

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Ok, now come on...
I know there are a couple of you F4i riders out there that are also annoyed with the one light on look...

<hr></blockquote>

Um, actually, no. As a matter of fact, that is one of the things I LOVE about the F4i and the RC51. The single low beam gives ya plenty of light - and if *you* can see your own headlights you've got bigger problems than not liking the way the headlights work. So really, you want everyone *else* to change *their* headlight so you won't have to look at it, right? /images/icons/laugh.gif

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Here we go again LOLOL. If you couldnt tell, I actually hated the look hehe, thats why I changed it. Have ridden with other f4i's and just seeing them come up behind me with that single light is grueling to me LOL.

G

·
Registered
99 Posts
G_Man 911 Do your new bulbs make everything have a blue tint, or when you stand away and look at the bike to they shine blue? some super whites have a blue hue, do yours?

·
Registered
25 Posts
since you've figured out the angle problem why not modify and h4 bulb and drop it in. rewire the headlights with a relay and use the h4's it'll be brighter and you'll have high and low beams. But can it handle the extra heat?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Thats the whole thing..I don't want to do all that work just to have it get all muffed up. It works great now, just the way I wan't it and I see no reason to screw with it. Also there have been stories of fuse blowing, dead batteries, wire harnesses melting etc..So I tried to modify it to a point, but not too much, and I have it just where i want it /images/icons/smile.gif, good idea you have though.

G

1 - 20 of 20 Posts