Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a shark fin sprocket protector for the '01 SV650 every since my friend just about lost his toes in a crash.

I havn't been able to find one stateside for the bike. Anyone have any ideas where I might find one?

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got on the LP site. Am I the only one who is frustrated with this site? It's such a pain in the arse to find anything.
I've tried the search engine and can't find it:
I tried:
Shark fin
Sprocket guard
sprocket
sprocket protector
And a few that I can't remember. :flame:

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote from the Ebay sale: [ QUOTE ]
Brand new aero helmet fin for all makes and model helmets. Full face and motorcross helmets will have dramatic increase in aerodynamic and downforce stability, tested in wind tunnels (virtually no lifts created thus neck fatique reduced and less vibration when traveling at high speeds).

[/ QUOTE ] :lol:

The fin is a piece that looks like the dorsal fin on a shark. It attaches to the underside of your swingarm near the rear sprocket.
It protects your feet/hands and whatnot from being pulled into the rear sprocket/chain in the event of a crash.

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Negative ghost rider. The left is the counter sprocket guard and the right pair are heel guards.

I've been searching the LP site inbetween runs all day and can't find it. That site really ticks me off.

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The fin is a piece that looks like the dorsal fin on a shark. It attaches to the underside of your swingarm near the rear sprocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't it be called a dead shark fin, since it extends downward? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.