Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks I just found this pic. I had it in memory on a cd. This pic was taken while I was waiting on the flightline in Pohang Korea in 1998 waiting for a flight out. That is a Sat Com radio in the pack you see there at my feet. We were being pulled out to go and deal with Saddam in 1998/1999. No smarta** comments here okay..... :grin:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
tmleadr03 said:
You was in the Mid East in 98? What time line? I was on WESTPAC durring 98 and got punched out early for that to deal with him. Was over there from March to Aug.

[/ QUOTE ]I ran the airhead ashore for 31`st MEU for Op Desert Fox. I got to Kuwait in Dec 98 and did not leave until March of 99. We were on our way to Hong for a break when sheithead was acting a fool......

I was with the 31st MEU out of Oki, which MEU out of Pendleton were you with? :smile:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think it was the 24th MEU... but I cant remember for the life of me anymore.

I do remember that I was 1st LAR Bn C Co 1st Plt. I was promoted to LCpl on that float. Ah the memories, those that I have retained at least.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:No smarta** comments here okay..... :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

What? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif That's hardly sporting of you. :808875-bs:

BTW, 24th is out of Lejeune...

·
Registered
426 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
11th, 13th, 15th Camp Pendleton
22nd, 23rd, 24th Camp Lejeune
31st Okinawa

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been 13th then. My memory isnt what it used to be, and it wasnt much to begin with.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeet Pic YZF. I am going to assume that your are one of the 2 soldiers in that pic. Are you the JumpMaster? Or, the soldier on his way out the door? I wish I had a pic of myself like that, that is hella sweet. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Here's the only digital pic of my time in the Active Duty Army back in the early/mid 90's. This was taken on the Big Island, when I was there for training, while I was serving in the 25th ID out at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. I am the guy on the far left. It looks all green 'cause I got bored 2 years ago and bought myself a scanner and decided to play around a little bit.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
evilmink269 said:
[ QUOTE ]
YZF_Flyer said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet!!! Caption time.........

NO CHUTE FOR YOU............NOW OUT!

[/ QUOTE ]

from this angle, it looks like that guy is jumping in dress shoes and dress socks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[ QUOTE ]
evilmink269 said:
How bout smartass compliments????

Reeooow.........whose that stud muffin in the cammo's?

[/ QUOTE ]Well I am not sure.....I do remember a 20 year career as a Marine. That pic was taken at the 17.5 year mark and as you can see. I have grey hair then also.

[ QUOTE ]
What? That's hardly sporting of you.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah I got your sporting....... :808919-icon_police: Just let me get that mailing addy off any package you send...... :grin: :waytogo:

Oh wait thats right you drive 2 hours to mail packages to me...... :waytogo:

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
That's right. The post office doesn't even check against your license! :waytogo:

Although, I did get a grilling from the clerk. "Magazines? Uh oh. What kind of magazines? Bikes, huh? There wouldn't be girlies posing on top of these bikes, would there?"

:laugh:

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
YZF_Flyer said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Great pic, boy does that bring back some memories. I kick myself for not being a picture taker :crazy:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:
Sweeeeeeeeet Pic YZF. I am going to assume that your are one of the 2 soldiers in that pic. Are you the JumpMaster? Or, the soldier on his way out the door? I wish I had a pic of myself like that, that is hella sweet. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the guy about to go out the door. My best friend Duncan was the one who took the pic. He got on the manifest but was on profile and our medic did not let him jump.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think Slorch's big a** would have to go out the rear door since its much wider. He probably would have to use one of those chutes they use for dropping gear...... :grin:

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
I think Slorch's big a** would have to go out the rear door since its much wider. He probably would have to use one of those chutes they use for dropping gear...... :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Har Har. I will have the last laugh when the postman visits you with a package. :coolgleamA: :lol2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts