Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems some of you guys are heading down to Cresson. Nice to have some Arkie company! :grin:

Sooooo...since we're starting to get another LOOOOOONG thread that has nothing to do with the orignal subject, let's start fresh.

Back Marker could very well have some trailer space if someone needs a lift that race weekend. We'll be going to all the races so if your bike is close to LR and if you can get it to our trailer we'll discuss schlepping it down to Texas for you.

Tony - good on ya for racing! I'd like to meet you, finally. See you at Oak Hill.

Personally, I'd like to get a big paddock area for Arkies!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm all about getting an Arkie pit area going! Woo Pig Sooie!!! :grin: Does MSR have covered paddocks? I was of the understanding that MSR and Oak Hill require EZ ups for any kind of coverage... Either way, I'm looking forward to pit'n with the other Akries... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
504 Posts
cresson has a big area where you can set up pit as long as you get there early on friday. this covered area is also the same area where tech sets up shop. it's a pretty big area too. i know, because i worked the cmra races the last couple of years. i won't be working it anymore to allow more free time for me. i'll miss the racing though.

yamajj

oh yea, prepare for rain, because all five times we were there over the past two years, it was cooler than normal and it rained at least one of the race days.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well let's do this. Whoever gets to the track first holds enough room for all 3 groups. We have a team of 5, so we might have 5 bikes with us. How many bikes should BMR have? Of course we will need to mark off a 1/4 acre for the trailer :laugh:

Hey rocksmoker, you gonna drive your house too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sounds good to me. So if, I get their first (which I doubt) I'll hold enough space for R1's 5 bikes, however many bikes BMR end up bringing down, and 3-4 bike for my guys... :laugh: Sounds like a plan to me... :waytogo:

·
Registered
569 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
R1PIL0T said:How many bikes should BMR have? Of course we will need to mark off a 1/4 acre for the trailer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
MuleMadness said:... however many bikes BMR end up bringing down...

[/ QUOTE ]

Odds are that we'll be bringing down 4 bikes and a pit scooter. The BMR compound area is actually a little bigger than our 4 bikes though. The truck/trailer combo takes up about 10'x60'. Our 10'x20' walled canopy (it does always rain at Cresson) "t's" off the side of the trailer. That means the BMR compound usually has a foot print of about 30'x60' or so. If the boyz wanna do the LSTD, we will likely go down there on Thursday late morning. That up to them though.

[ QUOTE ]
R1PIL0T said:Whoever gets to the track first holds enough room for all 3 groups. We have a team of 5, so we might have 5 bikes with us. Hey rocksmoker, you gonna drive your house too?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem is that it's kinda hard to "save" a spot for other folks when just our stuff takes up more space than Shogun or any team out there. If Rock brings the mothership... JEEEEZUS! Ten to thirteen bikes, at least three tow vehicles, possibly several other personal vehicles, three or four trailers (one being 24+), various sizes of canopies AND maybe Rock's 36' mothership? DUDE! That would easily take up at least an 60' x 100' area.

What would be best is if at least some of us convoy down there together. That way it would be easier to stake out a single area. Needless to say, the more of us that go down together the better. Especially if ya'll wanna park even close to the tech area.

One thing I have learned for sure after several trips to Cresson (from a wise ole tire guy) is no matter where you park... never, never, never... BUT NEVER park on the grass. When at Cresson, one ALWAYS parks on the pavement.

·
Registered
567 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
redelk said:
One thing I have learned for sure after several trips to Cresson (from a wise ole tire guy) is no matter where you park... never, never, never... BUT NEVER park on the grass. When at Cresson, one ALWAYS parks on the pavement.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the deal with parking in the grass?

·
Registered
569 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
MuleMadness said:
So what's the deal with parking in the grass?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cresson = rain (always)
wet grass = MUD!

Our first time to Cresson, my generator on 8" wheels sunk FIVE INCHES in the mud. I almost had to use my truck to get it out. Even if you had a large mat to park on, bike stands will sink. Usually in a UNeven manner. Resulting in tipped over bikes. Even pushing your bike across a one foot swatch of this mud is enough to have it slide out from you. It will also suck a sneaker off your foot.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiitt. You KNOW Da Smoker's Muthaship is gonna be in da HAWSE!

So, let's see:

1. 36' motorhome with slides
2. 24' race trailer, with crew cab long bed pickup tow vehicle
2. 20' race canopy
3. At least three tow vehicles and trailers...
4. Perhaps close to 20 motorcycles

I call it:

Camp Arkie Poser! :lol:

We'd have to save an area that's about half of the skid pad at Cresson, which, in reality, I'm a little self-conscious about saving THAT much area when folks are driving in. Two spots or so, yeah.

...but then again. Us Arkies will have a camp area with an entourage that would make a factory AMA team proud.

Now only if we were that fast.

Hey Tony - you on a team with Josh Lowrey? Who else ya got?

Bob and Rob - who's on your team?

The only places that have covered paddock areas are TX World, Hallett, and Cresson.

TX World has plenty as long as you get there at a reasonable time, Cresson has just a little. Need to snag it early on Sat. Hallett - usually reserved for the year.

So go ahead and get a canopy. You'll need it. Especially if you are endurance racing - you'll need some sun cover at the pits.

A bit of indoor/outdoor carpet helps, too, if you need to set up in the grass. Nothing kinda stressful like hunting for bolts in grass. Don't recommend it.

I like the caravan idea. For Oak Hill we'll probably leave out on Saturday since there's not an endurance race.

But for the other races, especially where they have track days before - we'll likely try to attend the track days or at least be there during the track day on Friday. That's our goal, anyway.

Anyone got an Arkansas flag or razorback banner we could put up? Gotta mark our territory. Circle the wagons, boys, the Arkies are on the way!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I've got a rebel flag with a motorcycle on it :laugh:

·
Registered
567 Posts
:lol2: NO...

it's funny, i went to school at UofA for 5 years or so and I still do not own either a Arkansas or Razorback flag... Huh.

Come on, surely someone's got an Arkansas or Razorback flag? Rocksmoker, I figured you'd have one since you've got tha mutha-ship... LOL...

·
Registered
569 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
MuleMadness said:
Never the less, I figured you'd fly your colors proudly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean that BMR needs to get a flag?

·
Registered
113 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
rocksmoker said:

Bob and Rob - who's on your team?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a couple guys from the base. On guy just got here from California and is brand new to all of the tracks here. The other guy has just started doing track days. His father is an instructor for the Star school, so he has been to a few schools to get his track legs. The other guy is Dave. Bob knows him from a few rides they went on together. I only met him last month for the first time.

We are definately going to be an all newbie team. We'll all have on the same color shirts (yellow) so hopefully people won't run us over. :Wow1:

BTW, I stopped by the Muthuh Ship Saturday. I was getting my grill bottle filled up. :808918-ot:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Best of luck to you guys. Be careful as sometimes the yellow shirt is really a target for some folks - especially if you are kinda speedy. Folks will assume that you won't be carrying good corner speed and will tend to cut you off.

DON'T get pissed - bring it back in one piece. I got a hard lesson in that, my man.

You take off the yellow shirt after two WEEKENDS, not two races. A six hour endurance is the same as one sprint race in counting that.

First race is pretty nerve racking - but the boys and I will give you all a hand where we can.

And I tend to not spend a lot of time at home. But if I was home I'd have chatted with you. Thanks for stopping by anyway. :grin:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was wondering if you and Sherm could take a look at the bike and tell me what you think. I would like to take the ignition key out of the picture completely and anything else you could suggest. If you two have time and don't mind looking at the bike, let me know and I'll bring it by Sherm's. :808922-fiddy:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.