Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make a maintenance log book for my bikes but was wondering how to organize it. I'm thinkin' I'll have a section for routine maintenance (like oil changes, tires, valve adjustments), a section for mods and accessories (exhaust, wheels, brakes, maybe add info like cost just for s&g's), and a section for settings (jetting, suspension, tire pressures). I think I'll do settings sorted by track. Maybe I'll have a small section for race results and lap times.

So am I on the right track? Anyone have any suggestions? BTW, this is for my KTM that I'll be racing supermoto, canyon straffing, and an occasional track day.

Thanks! :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Sounds a little excessive, suspension , geariing , jetting , also right down the temp and track the jetting is done at . All you need to valve adjustrment is milage , same with oil change .

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
I say "The more info the better". I can't tell you how many times I've referenced info on jetting/fork oiland height/suspension settings at different tracks/vendors for parts and web sites/tire temps and pressures/keeper~shim sizes used.....I'm just really glad I kept records of it all. :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
In the "settings" sections I'd add weather conditions. The ambient temp, humidity, and pressure. Once you build a little database for different conditions it should take some of the guess work out of jetting changes. You might also add track temps and tire temps with your air pressures and lap times.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
ZOEY said:
I say "The more info the better". I can't tell you how many times I've referenced info on jetting/fork oiland height/suspension settings at different tracks/vendors for parts and web sites/tire temps and pressures/keeper~shim sizes used.....I'm just really glad I kept records of it all. :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

Id have ito agree..although Im too lazy to do it.....

Whe In go to kart races you se people keeping tab of EVERY lap they do..toss it ihnto a database fo quick retrieval and study..it all depends on just what you want to do..for my kart.I have a clip board...maker a change...go out on th track..run a few laps come in capture the info..repeat process

1 - 7 of 7 Posts