Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let\'s See Those Trees!

Hey Everyone -

Let's have a look at those trees and Christmas decorations. I'm sure we've got some Clark W. Griswolds on the boards. Let's see your 40,000 bulbs of Christmas cheer!

My tree is sort of a plain approach, just some lights and ornaments. Kids can't get a grasp on spreading ornaments around the tree, so i've got about 40 ornaments in a 1 foot square at the bottom right :smirk:

<font color="red"> Happy Holidays! </font>

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Re: Let\'s See Those Trees!

That's a beautiful tree! I'd light a menorah, but with the way my life has been lately, i'd probably set the building on fire.. :cwm27: I wonder if it would burn for eight days? :blush: /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks Max!
You know, maybe you should get a minorah with 5 watt bulbs instead :smirk:

I'm such a Christmas nerd. I love decorating. I have one of those white, light up reindeer out front. He kept falling over and now I've used up all of my spare bulbs replacing the broken ones each time he tipped. So now, only his head is out but the body is lit. When you drive by at night i've got a headless reindeer pulling a sleigh on the front lawn :smile: Pretty Classy :waytogo:

I've also got my ceramic Christmas house village set up. You can never estimate how dorky you will become as an adult. :laugh:

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

HAHAHA headless reindeer? I'll bet some wiseacre said something when nightmare before christmas was all the rage- The neighbourhood I grew up in was very catholic, so I got to spend time decorating everyone else's christmas trees. one of the kids asked me why, I said "well, your sister invited us over, and we don't get a tree." his respose was- "We don't get eight days of presents you f'ing Jews have it made." I think we wrestled for a while after that one. That's the first time I actually remebered that, happened when I was six. ah yes, the holidays. As for bulbs, naah in the immortal words of beavis "FIRE...FIRE...hehehehe" And no, I never intend to grow up.. I already know how dorky I am.. :lol:

G

·

Don't mind the way it's on the floor, THAT'S THE NEW STYLLIE OF XMAZZ! It will be decorated with beer cans and pics of naked ladies.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

Great tree Rach!! :waytogo:

I've gone for the plain approach this year too which means no tree! ...well...no 5ft artificial tree with ornaments anyway! :bawling: I have a teeny house so it was a trade off between having more than 4 people around my dining table or having my tree in all its' (5ft) glory...I guess my family won this year! :smile:

I DO however have lots of twinkly lights and ornaments dotted around everywhere, and a 2.5ft fibre optic tree to put my gifts under...[correction]..beside :smirk:

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! :laugh:

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Twitch said:
Thats what´s left to us poor students..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of those USB Christmas trees, isn't it? I've got a 6" fiber-optic one I set on my desk at work ~

JM

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Great tree Rach!!

[/ QUOTE ]

...and Santa has already stopped by for you :smile:
10 more days! ..well, 11 for you, Delly. I'm so excited!!!!!!!

WFO -
That's my favorite Xmas show.
We got the Charlie Brown 3 holiday pack DVD set -Halloween, Thanksgiving & Xmas. It's on here at least once a day. How can you not love the Vince Guaraldi music?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts

This is a Beer Store bag that got stuck in a tree sometime last summer. It's up really high so I guess nobody will ever go up there and get it. It used to annoy me but now I use it as a Christmas ornament.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
fuzzygalore said:
[ QUOTE ]
Great tree Rach!!

[/ QUOTE ]

...and Santa has already stopped by for you :smile:
10 more days! ..well, 11 for you, Delly. I'm so excited!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

See..I knew there was a good reason for not putting my tree up this year...I'm saving all my expressions of awe & wonder for when I see yours...and I AM actually going to see it this year!! :wink:

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts

No Christmas tree this year due to a little incident a few years ago;

I was so excited to get my first real Christmas tree. I even got to cut it down!
I brought it home from the tree farm (filled my trunk with needles) and placed it in it's new stand. I filled the stand with water and stood back for a look. She looked great :grin:

I had been saving ornaments for a few years. Several of them were from my Grandmother (God rest her soul).

I covered the tree from celing to floor in all sorts of adornment. It was a sight to behold! I had so many lights on it that when you plugged them in you could see the electric meter speed up :lol:

I went to bed and was sound asleep when all of a sudden there was a crashing noise that made me jump out of bed!! I grabbed the automatic and headed downstairs.

There was the tree. On the floor. Actually, it was horizontal now. About 80% of the ornaments were broken on the floor. :bawling:

Then I heard this muffled sound.

(meow)
(meow)
(meow)

It was Zoey, my cat. He had jumped into the middle of the tree and was stuck under all of the limbs. :cwm27: :cwm27: :cwm27:

That was the last tree I will ever put up. The tree weeped sap into the stand. When the tree fell over, all of the sap ran out with the water onto the carpet.
I tried every chemical I had under the kitchen sink to clean the carpet.
I never did get all of the sap out.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts

ahhaha, that reminds me of my brothers stupid cat. blinking xmas lights on the tree(I was never much of a tree person) anyway this stupid cat is attacking the lights, pawing and biting, well little kitty bit thru the wires, ZAP!!!!!, thats stupid cat was deathly afraid of the tree after that. hahahaha :lol:

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts

My beagles steal ornanaments from my tree. They climb up on the couch beside it and lean out until the can grab one. I can see them leaning just a little far and winding up on the tree... It's artificial, so I won't have any sap to clean in this unfortunate event ~

JM

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

I can't find my camera right now...besides, I don't know if I want to post a pic of mine, its about half the size of Fuzzy's tree :tongue:

But speaking of trees...I do have a story for ya'll ( I just hope it hasn't been posted already) :crazy: Here goes:

When four of Santa's elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones, Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.
Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mom was coming to visit. This stressed Santa even more. When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about
to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress. Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked, and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys. So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hidden the liquor, and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of the broom. Just then the doorbell rang, and irritable Santa trudged to the door. He opened the door, and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree. The angel said, very joyfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?"

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts