Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
on the plus side, when its that cold, the ice isn't slippery(it doesn't melt under the pressure of your foot/tire :lol:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
in related news, I'm sweating my nuts off here in a nice, 75 degree southern california day.... :tongue:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now, we're scheduled for a heat wave come tomorrow. Yup it's actually going to be in the 20's and 30's, hopefully. :frown:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just looked and all 3 of you are from California. That is not even fair.
It was near a record low here last night, when I got off work at 6AM it was -17 Thats a little different than you California people.
Put on some miles for me........

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
i would, but i can't, I pedal fast though, evandar and novos gotta pic up my slack :808993-banghead: :bird:

·
aprilia junkie
16,379 Posts
and evan is sans bike, so I gotta pick up LOTSA slack! :shocked:

Time to take a monster roadtrip!

In my fantasies I'm supposed to put on 10K more miles by APRIL :cwm27: to reach my goal of 24K miles in one year.

At BEST i'll get maybe 4-6K more on the clock. :bawling: what a slacker!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I've seen -60 with the wind chill in PA...was unreal. Screw all that. It may be only 35 here but it is above freezing and I will probably be back in the 70's in a couple of weeks. My hats off to you folks in the REAL cold weather...I would shoot someone...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
WFO-900 said:
I made the comment the other day in another thread that Minnesotans are crazy.

I heard on the radio this morning 45 BELOW zero someplace in Minnesota.

I rest my case. :shocked:

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be dislexic, it was actually <font color="red"> 54 </font> degrees up in Embarass, MN.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
-45 OR -54? Does it really matter at that point? I don't think you can actually feel the diffrence...Boils down to just TOO Damn Cold!!

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
wingswheels said:
on the plus side, when its that cold, the ice isn't slippery(it doesn't melt under the pressure of your foot/tire :lol:

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worse at that temp: your tires and boots are rock hard.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I actually find more traction on very cold snow as it doesn't compress into the slushy ice crap.

This cold wave has my knee hurting like son of a *****. But I was able to ride to school last wendsday, on a freak 70degree day. My first ride since the "oops" :smirk:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.