Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let\'s get ready to rumble...!!! (DIS)

dunlop tire tests are supposedly starting today...!!! /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif (side note: i assume they've finished the mods down to daytona, there haven't been any updates?) hopefully... this will break me out these winter doldrums. :crazy: i'm pathetic without my racing "fix". :lol: should be other news coming regarding signings now that contracts have officially expired. grand prix riders, mj's suzuki team, "neils on wheels" first time in the states, etc. etc. put up or shut-up time for all has arrived. it's on donkey-kong... :waytogo:

http://venus.roadracingworld.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=11315

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Re: let\'s get ready to rumble...!!! (DIS)

Yeah, I noticed that story earlier--it says they're running the new track configuration, so I'd guess it's done. It was curious to note that there's no mention of EBoz and/or Hodgson on the Ducatis. According to several reports, like soup's, they were slated to be there. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

just left a voice mail with a buddy of mine who now lives permanently in daytona to go down to the oldfield stands and see what's doin' on track if he get's time...?

checking the track site, it does seem as if they've been "rockin' out with their cocks out" down there... :waytogo: plenty o' progress, but alas these are pics of the infield re-model... nothing to do with the track or the tunnel which i would assume was attended to first...? hold up... wait... more progress pics here for everything. scroll along the right side... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/track/007/345/

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

need i mention, the weather outside where i am at the moment (central nj) is a totally perfect "full leathers" ridable 60 degrees on january 3rd...? :shocked: hell, it's not much more than 75 degrees down in daytona for the tests. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
shamar1 said:
need i mention, the weather outside where i am at the moment (nj) is a totally perfect "full leathers" ridable 60 degrees on january 3rd...? :shocked: hell, it's not much more than 75 degrees down in daytona for the tests. :laugh:

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought winter would be cold and didnt get insurance for the winter, figuring i would get it again in March, and its been warm enough to ride quite a few times since December. Blasted weather gods making a fool of me!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
need i mention, the weather outside where i am at the moment (nj) is a totally perfect "full leathers" ridable 60 degrees on january 3rd...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Figures. I was home (Philly Burbs) the week before Generic Holiday and it was like 6. Just six. No Tee.

Brr...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

Interesting that M4 Emgo is on Pirelli's this year and not Micheline's.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts

Good to see Hodgson get over his DIS fright and put in some good lap times. Running 3rd at the lunch break according to Soup with times of 1:41.31. Not bad with Matt running at 1:40.54 For day 2 of testing I'm hoping Neil is coming to grips with the new bike, track, and tires and will conclude with better times tomorrow! Now if EBoz would get up to speed (soup reported EBoz in the 1:43 range) and learn from Neil this could be a very good year for all fans.

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
KurtsSV said:
Interesting that M4 Emgo is on Pirelli's this year and not Micheline's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have talked with some of the guys at Pirelli the last couple of years and they have been throwing out tire deals for the factory teams but haven't had any takers. Looks like they got a decient taker :waytogo:

BTW, I'm a big fan of Pirelli tires and the support they have given the racers in the US the last several years

·
Registered
2,869 Posts

I think the fact that May did so well on Pirellis last year in SBK had a lot to do with it.

Man, it is good to finally have some stuff going on again, this forum is starting to get moving again! :applause:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts

The "under-S1's-radar" kid, Ben Spies, just busted out 139.701, 1.2+ sec faster than anybody else (Miguel): soup and soup

And it looks like Eric is coming around on the Duc--at least he's right there with Neil.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts

Spies is a really cool kid, I'm looking forward to him being the one to give Mat a run for his money this year.:waytogo:

·
Registered
968 Posts

He's no kid! He's a pro racer. Keep in mind, that the Honda guys were focusing on the FX bikes earlier in the tests. They should improve greatly now that they're focusing on the superbikes. I'd still like to see Suzuki and Ducati ahead of the evil empire.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

[ QUOTE ]
The "under-S1's-radar" kid, Ben Spies, just busted out 139.701, 1.2+ sec faster than anybody else

[/ QUOTE ]
well then that means everybody else is really capable of going into the 137's... :laugh:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts

H*ll, Spies probably turned that lap with his elbows out--as he is accustomed to ride. Just wait 'til he pulls his sh*t in tight--should be worth a good 3 sec a lap. :grin:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
south said:
H*ll, Spies probably turned that lap with his elbows out--as he is accustomed to ride. Just wait 'til he pulls his sh*t in tight--should be worth a good 3 sec a lap. :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]id love to see him smoke the current champ this year

1 - 20 of 20 Posts