Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Re: Let\'s do our civic duty...

What else could I say that "Jestersplace" didn't already say. That just about sums it up for me.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I asked my Local Yamaha dealer what a good bike to learn to ride street on would be, and he reccomended the r1.

<hr></blockquote>

either that salesperson was dumb as hell or was working on extreme commission

·
Registered
4,780 Posts

...and my younger brother wonders why he can't afford insurance on a new sportbike/images/icons/tongue.gif!!

I wanted to post a reply but they closed the thread/images/icons/frown.gif.

·
Registered
834 Posts

Man, we're getting the same crap on the R6MessageNet.com too. "Yea, i just wreck my new R6 from trying to sit on my tank...." Blah Blah Blah, don't get me started!

WHAT! I want to know what dealer recomended a R1 for a freaking starter bike. IDIOTS! We need cc restrictions here like in the UK. Better yet, no CC restrictions, you just can't get insurance until you take an MSF class and additional training. THIS should be sponsored by the insurance compaines, the additional training classes. Show the newbie squids that their actions effect others.

Ugh, don't get me started!

http://www.sportbikeguy.com - Updated 03.31.02
<font color=red>:2000 Blue R-6:</font color=red>

·
Registered
4,780 Posts

That's why I like eSportbike so much. Most squids stay clear of here/images/icons/laugh.gif!!

·
Registered
557 Posts

The guy want to get another bike and go right back at the same thing all over again. No wander its getting tough to insure these bikes... Pretty soon i won't be able to afford to ride my R1...

All these little stunt crews are popping up all ove the place, everybody and their dog has some sort of stunt video out. We're all getting a bad rep with the cops and insureance companies beacuse of all these friggin stunt crews and people trying to immitate them...

I really don't know what to say when i see this crap... I'm watching my beloved sport die before my very eyes because of these morons...

<font color=blue>R1/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

But yet you have a picture of you or somebody doing a wheelie in your profile..................

·
Registered
698 Posts

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

The guy want to get another bike and go right back at the same thing all over again. No wander its getting tough to insure these bikes... Pretty soon i won't be able to afford to ride my R1...

All these little stunt crews are popping up all ove the place, everybody and their dog has some sort of stunt video out. We're all getting a bad rep with the cops and insureance companies beacuse of all these friggin stunt crews and people trying to immitate them...

I really don't know what to say when i see this crap... I'm watching my beloved sport die before my very eyes because of these morons...

<hr></blockquote>

Judging from your web site http://www.calgarysportbikecrew.com, I take it you're joking. Quite a description:

Trevor is a stoppie monster, and is most famous for his stoppie done mere inches from dug, who was taking pictures at the time. Trevor likes to do wheelies with passengers, especially through downtown and if it's the first time that she has ridden with him. This 'trick' seems to work for him. Oh, and Trevor is also the only member to take out a sign post with his head.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts

I'm telling you man, you guys are brutal!!! Nothing escapes you two (nj2ny & jmoney)

Could it be that these 'stunt' groups are so quick to point fingers because they just want to be the only ones on the face of the earth doing circus shows?

I for one, already faced the fact that with today's sportbikes, these stunts will be a regular occurance until the law changes in our favor (doubt it) or against.

The only unfortunate thing is that Natural Selection will take its course and a few lifes will be lost when mimicking these stunts.

·
Registered
557 Posts

Ya, i was joking... I thought it would be funny to see what people would say after they looked in my profile... We're not stunt people at all, just a group of guys that ride together, mostly long trips, we might pull a wheelie now and then but so what?

Isn't it intersting how everybody is always blaming others for high insurance bad reps etc but its ok when they pull wheelies and stoppies etc... There are a lot of double standards around here.

<font color=blue>R1/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

in reply to:

Isn't it intersting how everybody is always blaming others for high insurance bad reps etc but its ok when they pull wheelies and stoppies etc... There are a lot of double standards around here.

You got that right Flogger. There is a lot of people that scream about people trick riding and crashing, but yet they'll go out and do 120mph around they're local back road twisties and crash, which BTW causes more accidents then doin' wheelies. I do both so I don't critize either action.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

Oh, and GixY2K, if that was a complement, thank you/images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Registered
72 Posts

The guys in that forum have got the right idea, and I also feel that new riders should have CC restrictions. INSURANCE SUX ENOUGH ALREADY... DEATH to ALL SQUIDS.

Sportbiking: where unimanginable skill meets inexplicable stupidity.

·
Registered
72 Posts

...Well mabey just a spanking by a cute Playboy Bunni. ;)

Sportbiking: where unimanginable skill meets inexplicable stupidity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts