Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of ordering a set of LED flushmounts from http://www.thesmithboys.com but they don't look very bright. I know Kevap had a set of these. Are they a decent product? It appears that you can order them in two colors, amber and red?

<font color=blue>R1/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Do you think that eliminator would fit on a 2002 R1? it is pretty sweet looking.

Another question, I want to put on a high mount can and want to know where the flush mounts would react to the detriment from the heat of the can?

~A

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who actually has those LED flushmounts??? any comments?... Kevap ??

·
Registered
68 Posts
i got mine in today!! they look good but did not hook up to the bike yet but will let you know how they work.( i got the l.e.d.s)

danger

·
Registered
111 Posts
i vhave a high mount on my r6 it is close like 1/2 an inch from it .. just put them on yestrerday.. hopefully they will last..

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
OK I'm here.... and here is the scoop!

To be honest... they are not too bright, but the COOLNESS /images/icons/cool.gif FACTOR IS HUGE /images/icons/laugh.gif! I would say they are a little brighter then the Dussault turn signals in my undertail. I would say go with the regular flushies. If I had to do it again... that's what I would do. There might be a way to brighten them up a little by using some foil or something on the inside of the signals but that is just too much work for me to try. Someone else can... any takers?

I would think that there will be an intergrator for the 02 R1 in the near future. I don't think I would ever put flushies on the rear. Just doesn't look good in my opinion.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Last Monday I ordered the bulb type flushmounts with blue trim from thesmithboys.com for the front of my R6. I went back to the website on friday to find a phone number to call them because I had not received my flushies within the 3 to 4 day shipping time stated on the order. Once at the website, I noticed that the bulb style were out of stock and on backorder. I also noticed they had stated (which I didn't see when I ordered them) that the blue trim was not an exact match for the Yamaha R6 or R1. I couldn't find a phone number so I was getting ready to send them an email when I received an email from them stating there would be a 10 day shipping time now instead of 3 to 4 days because of the backorder. They offered me 3 choices:
Keep my original order
They would send the LED flushies instead at no xtra cost
Or refund my money
I decided to keep my original order and wait the 10 days because the LED'S didn't look all that bright in the picture on the website. I am still waiting to hear back from them on the trim color and how "not a perfect match" it is. Does anyone already have these and is the trim work paintable so I can perhaps better match it to my R6?

Ride Safe,
Jen

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

looks like a pretty close match to me. i Think i'm going to go with the regular bulbs for the brightness factor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm new to the group and just bought a blue(because it's faster!) R6 last weekend and am already excited about customizing. The big turn signals have to go so I'm anxiously awaiting the reviews on these.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
kevap how'd you move your exhaust pipe like you did in the 2 different pics of your profile....same can but it goes hightmount now? looks sweet.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Basically it was a messup from Micron. I ordered the high mount and I got the standard mount. Once I noticed the messup I called my supplier and he made things right and sent out the different mid pipe. Of course, I still installed the standard pipe and that's what you seen. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
428 Posts
M&M,

Excellent Choice of <font color=blue> COLOR </font color=blue> and bike /images/icons/wink.gif
and despite what you might hear from the red side, the superiority of the <font color=blue> BLUE </font color=blue> is completely true, they are faster /images/icons/laugh.gif Welcome to the forum.

Ride Safe,
Jen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts