Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys recommend for leather pants? I'm looking for a set of pants I can use for Track days and some street riding, so they need to be able to keep me a little cool too. I have a Vanson ProPerf jacket so it only has that little zipper in the back to join the pants together. Do they make pants that have a full zipper and the little one too (so I have more options when getting another jacket) ? I'd like to get another jacket later on for some colder weather riding, the Vanson just doesn't cut it with all those holes in it! /images/icons/wink.gif

Ok, here's some of my measurements. I'm 5'11 and weigh 215. I wear size 34 - 36 jeans, depends on the make and if they're the baggy ones. I have big calves and big thighs so it's hard to get pants that fit right. They usually fit perfect in the waist but too tight in the legs.

I'm just trying to get an idea what's out there and what my options are.

Thanks in advance for any information you guys can give me.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Rule 1: You're not going to find a pair that fits perfect, unless you pay for custom stuff.

Find a pair that is "snug" fitting...too tight is bad, but too loose is worse. I just ordered a set of Alpinestars Track Pants..Around $270, with hard armor in the knees and shins, and big 'ol A-stars pucks. They're a big tight, but leather streches.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blue!

Do the Alpinestars pants have both kind of zippers to attach a jacket, or is it just the small back one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
They have a full-circumfrence zipper...most pants will, or they'll have a place where you can get one attached.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I think some of the Joe Rocket stuff has the dual zipper system to accomodate the half or full circumfrence zippers. I'm guess the half zipper isn't worth much at all. In a fall where you slide any distance on your stomach you run the risk of having the jacket lift up exposing your belly. A full circumfrence zipper is the way to go if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts