Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I started a new thread based on an old one that was getting off topic. ( http://esport.sportbikes.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=Ducati&Number=22179&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=2&vc=1 ) I asked the question about having my leathers altered. I know *how* they are supposed to fit, and they are really close. They are still a little uncomfortable while standing up, and they are nice and tight in most places and fit good while on the bike. Hopefully I can get something done from one of the custom shops. I had actually looked into those mentioned, Z Custom, Tiger Angel, Vanson, and Barnacle Bills, but 12-1600 bucks was just out of the price range. I feel like I have a well-made suit, especially for the money. We'll see what I can get worked out. Thanks for the heads up though!

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Race-type leathers that fit correctly WILL be uncomfortable when you stand up. Just watch racers at the track, they all hobble around like hunchbacks.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I agree with BD - Your leathers fit.

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops - that didn't come out right. I meant that they aren't so big that they are comfortable when I stand. Meaning, they are still uncomfy, so I know they aren't like 3 sizes too big. Anyway, I talked to Barnacle Bills and they will make them fit perfect for $100-$150. Yeah, it's expensive, but that will give me a perfect fitting set of leathers at a price way less than a full custom suit - plus I trust Barnacle Bills to stitch it securely. Some local yahoo could do it, and then have if fall off like an old tear away jersey. We'll see if I can come up wit some loot for this one.

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts