Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Grandstand seating is just like it sounds. There are grandstands at turn 4 and at the start/finish. I was in turn 4 last time and I loved it. There's a jumbotron screen so you can watch the simulcast, it's at the bottom of the hill from the corkscrew and its close to the pit areas. I don't know about the start/finish grandstands though.

General admission lets you in the gate. You watch from wherever you park your keister, and you can wait in the long lines at the grandstands for available seating (first come, first serve) after the races start.

I didn't get grandstand seating this year because I watched a large portion of the race from the corkscrew and turns 9/10 as it offered better overall viewing. The downside was I either stood or sat on the ground. No biggie for me.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Its definately worth the money if you can swing a paddock pass. Most of the OEMs will also provide 'VIP' bike parking.

kman

<font color=red>Live it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Ride it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Race it</font color=red>

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Also... Grandstand seating can be bought at the track. It sold out by about noon last year if I remember correctly so if you decide to go that way, jump on them first thing in the morning. I got grandstand seating for saturday (best view of the jumbo-trons from the front straight or turn 4) and watched from the course on sunday..

What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I got my G/A tickets with the Paddock pass ! All us eSportbike.com guys and gals should hook-up. Who else will be there ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll be there shooting photo's for rumblestrip again. Meeting up sounds like a great plan. Guarenteed that I'll be hitting cannery row and the blue fin at night. If anyone here's about someone selling a big dog pass PLEASE let me know. I'm taking this really hot chick, going to be Josh Hayes's umbrella girl, and I wanna be able to show her the ropes.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, it would be a great idea to meet some fellow esportbikers there. I have placed my order for that weekend and went with G/A, Grandstand, and Paddock area passes. Thanks all for your input and hope to meet some of you there. I will be representin' with my eSportbike Hat.

Jess

·
Registered
410 Posts
yep like kman said the paddocks are worth thier weight in gold i got some for this year,plus grandstand seating also turn 11 one day turn 4 the next is kinda cllo cause you can watch the jumbo screen during the race. also u get to ee the stunt show up front and personal.
RAIDER NATION 4 LIFE
Frank

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
one tidbit of information....I bought the Big Dog pass last year, and it was pretty cool. It includes 3-day admission, parking pass, paddock pass, grandstand seating and a hot-pit pass. The hot-pit pass is good for practice only, not qualifying or racing (well, I'm not 100% sure about qualifying, but *pretty* sure). It's cool to be inches away from the riders when they ride in/out, hop off the bike, look at the computer charts from their last lap, grab a water, dash to the shitter, etc... You give 'em your ticket and they give you a wrist band, and that's it. You don't get another one so you have to keep it on for a couple days.

The only thing a Big Dog pass gets you is the hot-pit pass. The hot-pit pass works out to be about $75, because if you bought all the other parts seperately, it would run about that much cheaper than the Big Dog. I didn't get it this year because as much as I dug the whole 'pit experience', I can live without it for a year and I spent half as much on tickets.

Damn, all this Laguna talk is getting me hot and bothered. GOOD THING I'M GOIN TO SEARS POINT IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
um, just to clear something up, the start finish grand stand is the one at the bottom of the turn 10 run comming out of the corkscrew. Turn 4 is in the infield. Both have the big jumbotron type screens so you can watch the whole race and not just the action in front of you.

I'm going to be racing up there again this year, so if you guys get pit passes stop by and say Hi. We should have our big "Flyin' Hawaiians" banner up on our tents.

Erik, are you going to be racing at Sears Point this weekend or watching?

Jay #43
http://haleanuenue.com/racing.html

·
Registered
967 Posts
Laguuuuuuuna!!!!!!!

O'man I can't fargin wait!

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts