Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow!! He qualified 18th. What talent. KR Jr. qualified 4th on a bike which is even newer then the cube. I hope they drop Laconi by about the 3rd race and get a real rider. He had 1 decent showing all of last year and they give him the GP ride. Haga should be riding the cube or even Melandri. If they stick with him all year I'd bet the farm he doesn't get a sinple podium.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, I'd love to have the ride. The only issue I have is why would Aprilia spend so much money on a bike and put someone on it how has NEVER proven he can be consistent or win races. Oh gee, he won 1 superbike race. You obviously know very little about racing. There were many other riders who would have been much better choices.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
>You obviously know very little about racing.

You're quite right. I know as little as you.

"[Laconi] won the 1992 French 125 and Yamaha TZR Cup Championships. 1994 was another great year for Regis as he took both the European 250cc and French 250cc Championships. Laconi's success led to a ride in the 250 GP's where he competed for two years before moving up to the 500cc class. Regis rode to an impressive top-ten finish in 1998 and in 1999 he took his first victory at the Grand Prix of Spain. In 2000, Laconi captured nine top-ten finishes on his way to another strong season in the 500cc class. 2001 marked a change for the quick Frenchman as he took on the competitive World Superbike Championship for Team Aprilia. With a new series, new tracks and a new bike, Regis scored twelve Top-10 finishes throughout the season and captured his very first WSBK victory at the last race of the year. Laconi's strong performances and ability to adapt did not go unnoticed by Aprilia, and they chose the talented French rider to head up their new four-stroke entry in the Moto GP World Championship. With a background in both WSBK and GP competition and the full support of Aprilia, Regis will be a rider to watch during this year's battle for the Moto GP crown."

·
Registered
831 Posts
Mille R, I would not want to work for you. /images/icons/smile.gif

Jay
Hello, Come in Earth, Over./images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't want to work for me either. I just seems that since Aprilia is putting all their marbles in this bike why choose Laconi over Haga? I'll give him a chance, however, I doubt he will finish in the top 10 in points.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I must admit, this has been one of the better boards for Aprilia enthusiasts, however....it was just a matter of time until we were infected by a lack of intelligence. I do suppose everyone has the right to their opinion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gee, I had not realized that I was speaking with such an intellectual person. Please forgive my inferior intelligence and your superior wit and knowledge. I bow on my knees to your greatness.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Did any of you notice the rain? Nobody has gotten to test in the rain. Regis was probably told to go around the track and bring it home. Yeah KRjr was going fast, until he CRASHED! So was Max, until he CRASHED! I think Regis did his job and is going well. Maybe the Aprilia sucks!?? Regis is an extremely talented rider and will have a lot to offer the Aprilia team.

-REV
www.REVolutionSuperbikes.com

·
Registered
144 Posts
Guiys calm down. REVolution is right nobody on a 4stroke had tested in the rain yet. Many engineers openly admitted had there been no rain, rossi would have walked away with it along wiith the other hondas. The aprilia is not dialed in yet. This does not mean that Laconi sucks. The bike will be good but all the technology will take time to come around it is like Renault in F1 last year. great car but it sucked last year because of the development problems. some of the things on that bike have never been tried on bikes before. Remember one of the main reasons laconi is riding that bike is that it is a 4stroke. He is used to riding 4strokes and i think he has potential. Just give him a chance. Remember that the fly by wire throttle means that a computer controls a lot of the throttle and an engineer could theoretically program and highside crash into the bike. just give hima chance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts