Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

<font color=red>Chili out till Sugo, maybe even Monza!</font color=red>

A crash in morning warm up has ruled Pierfrancesco Chili out of the Kyalami race, after he and Ruben Xaus had a coming together half way through the warm-up session.

http://www.worldsbk.com/MainApp/sbkpage?id=1018163576828174

Bayliss Takes 5th win in a row!

Troy Bayliss won his fifth straight race of the season, after attacking on the fifth lap and maintaining the pace from the front. Colin Edwards was second and Ruben Xaus third, repeating the Phillip Island podium places.

http://www.worldsbk.com/MainApp/sbkpage?id=1018176068455466

<font color=red>BAYLISS TAKES A RECORD 6TH WIN IN A ROW!!!</font color=red>

Troy Bayliss set an absolute World Superbike record of six consecutive wins at Kyalami, after another controlled sequence of 25 almost immaculate laps.

A real scrap in the early laps, between World Champion Bayliss and Noriyuki Haga saw elbows and paint exchanged, as the lines of battle were drawn in the African dust.

http://www.worldsbk.com/MainApp/sbkpage?id=1018185380195182

Quotes

I got the extra time I needed but we're working our socks off and still not winning. I'm feeling very frustrated with it all at the moment. ~ Edwards

http://www.worldsbk.com/MainApp/rmlatest?categoryId=1015201685495471

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It appears that Bayliss will relinquish his winning streak at the Sugo round (unless a miracle happens /images/icons/wink.gif) but expect him to be back on the top step when they hit Monza! /images/icons/smile.gif

For those of you that watched the race, did you have any idea what the hell you were seeing in Bayliss' forward view at the beginning of the second race? All I saw was a big <POOF> and all this crap come back into Bayliss' face. LOL It wasn't until nearly the end of the race that the commentators replayed the start footage and showed a pigeon sized bird flying directly into the path of Haga and explode in a cloud of feathers and guts across the front of the Mille R and those following closely. NASTY! /images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
236 Posts
DUC, if you look closely at Haga's windscreen in your photo you can see the damage done by the bird. There is a chunk missing.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
That photo is the first time I've noticed Bayliss's over-the-boot leathers....

What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I wonder what was going through that birds mind as he got creamed!! LOL /images/icons/laugh.gif It just obliterated.. I couldn't believe it.. It's sort of like that pitcher that hit a bird. /images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!"

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about one of the Mercedes D2 CLK race cars that hit a rabbit as it hopped on the course? There was a video posted of it on the net a few years ago; now that was a mess! Talk about a huge red mist. /images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Nori deserved to have a bird fly right up his nostril. I wish it was one of those big-azz African pelicans that hit that punk. I hate the way he swerves around at starts and finishes trying to scare anyone near him, and then to pull up next to Bayliss and elbow him... WTF!?

"I believe you'd get your azz kicked for doing some sh!t like that around here" (from Office Space)...

I can't wait til Laguna so I can tell him to his face what an azzwipe he is. "Go ahead, elbow ME you little midget punk!" /images/icons/mad.gif

Ruben Xaus gets a warning for bumping into Chili, which was totally not his fault, yet flagrant crap that Nori does is completely dismissed. WTF is up with that?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey desmo, that's called racing. Bayliss did the same thing to Edwards last year at Monza. Are you going to "tell him to his face what an azzwipe he is." /images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=blue>On the Gas Kickin Ass</font color=blue>

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Dude, that's called World Judo-Bike. LOL When Bayliss did it to Edwards they were neck and neck fighting for their preferred lines. Yeah that's racing. In this case, Bayliss was riding straight, about a half-bike length in front of Haga, with Haga bouncing left and right, elbowing his freakin' seat cowl. Elbowing someone who can't elbow you back? That ain't racing. That sh!t is uncalled for. But karma comes in many forms, sometimes a bird. I want to see the Aprilias do well, but not with this joker on board. Did you notice how women don't like to be around him? Suzi Perry cringes whenever he gets on the podium because she has to actually talk to him. Paid models won't even smile during a photo shoot with him. What more evidence do you need that he's a jerkoff? /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You know I didn't even think of that... Hmmm that bird musta been a Bayliss fan.. hahahaha/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
225 Posts
In response to:

Poster: SilverF4
Subject: Re: Kyalami Race Results

I wonder what was going through that birds mind as he got creamed!!

The answer is: his ass!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Actually there probably wasn't much of his A$$ left to go through his mind.. hahahaha.. How fast do you think Haga was going when the bird hit him??

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was watching the Speed Channel last night and they had the race highlights on, they estimated he was going 120mph at the time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Duc, where you getting those awesome close up race pics?? Those are great. Notice the small 21 on Bayliss' #1? Pretty cool. Why do you say he will give it up at Sugo? I did hear him say that he does not race well there.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the picture from [url[www.worldsbk.com[/url]. There are a bunch more from the Kyalami race to be had though not as nice as the chicane above. /images/icons/smile.gif

Bayliss seems to like the number 21; maybe it's his lucky number. I like how he was able to keep it on the bike personally.

This will be the 3rd year that Bayliss has raced at Sugo. Back in 2000 he was taken out in the 1st corner in both races by one of the wildcard riders; he was not injured. In 2001 he placed 13th and 15th. So...my comments stand that Bayliss will not be seeing the top step at Sugo but I certainly expect him to improve on past years performances.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
That is a sweet pic.

The wildcard riders from Japan definitely have the homecourt advantage at Sugo, but top-level riders learn fast, so ya never know. It almost seems like the Japanese riders' bikes are turbo-charged they pull away so fast from the pack. I think we'll probably see Hodgson/Bostrom/Xaus still faster than Bayliss at Sugo. I think their riding styles are more suited to it. Then there's Haga, who knows what he'll do. I'm sure the Aprilia team has been studying the datalog from Corser's bike at Sugo last year, as he did really well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts