Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's got the best price on kickstand bypass kits? I'd like to be able to start my bike and warm it up with the kickstand down.

M.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I found this info on the Ducati Index a few months back and did it to mine. It works great, just like any other bike. Plus it only cost me about $1.45

"Like others I wanted to warm the bike up on the stand so I diconnected the switch at the plug and bridged the 2 wires on the male part of the plug. This still risks riding off with the stand down and having the nick name "crash" I decided on a better method. I joined a wire to the existing neutral light switch wire and ran it over the frame to connect it to the blue wire on the male side of the kickstand switch plug. I then reconnected the kickstand switch plug. Now the bike will start with the stand down but only whilst it is in neutral. This emulates the way a lot of other bikes work. The key to this is you have to connect a diode in the wire that goes from the neutral switch to the kickstand plug (if you don't the neutral light will stay on when the kickstand is up). I used an IN4001 silicon diode which was 45c from the local electronics shop. The striped side of the diode was soldered to the neutral switch side of the wire and the other side to the wire that goes to the kickstand switch. I hope this makes sense as it is an easy,inexpensive and safe fix to this problem but it took me a while to think of the right way to do it. Of course you could pay evoluzione $35.99 for the same thing!"

It really does work great. If you put the bike in gear with the stand down, it shuts it down just like it is supposed to. I didn't solder mine though, I used quick connects and it took me less than 10 minutes to wire it up.

If I'm shootin at ya and ya stay still, your probably safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts