Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only know a couple Kawi riders here so I was hoping you all were safe and ok, Longrider, Bluedragon, hope you guys are ok. Post somethin and say ur ok /images/icons/smile.gif

It happened I believe on Sunday, rider died I am told /images/icons/frown.gif

Anyone have a little more info on that?

<font color=red>The dark side awaits you...Are you prepared?</font color=red>

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is the only accident I have heard of in the past week, but the article doesn't give much info. This is from the Denver Post.

Monday, March 18, 2002 - A 27-year-old man was killed Sunday after a truck collided with his motorcycle on the southbound off-ramp at Interstate 25 and South Santa Fe Drive, police said.

Police found the man's motorcycle lodged under the truck just after 3:30 p.m. Southbound I-25 was closed for more than an hour while the accident was investigated, police said. No arrests were made and a cause for the accident was not known, police said.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
A guy that I work with arrived just after the accident and apparently the Ryder truck that ran him over continued down the road for quite a ways while dragging the motorcycle under his truck. A witness to the accident parked his truck in front of the riders body to protect him from being run over by other vehicles.

The AMA is currently lobbying for stiffer sentences for those that kill motorcyclists since many people get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. I would suggest supporting the AMA by joining the AMA and/or writing your senator to support harsher penalties for those people who do kill motorcyclists.

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
It wasnt me, and when I heard about it I couldn't believe the truck driver just kept going! How do you not know you just hit something? BTW, I have plenty of experience in large trucks and you WOULD now if you hit a bike!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I hate people that plead ignorance to cover their stupidity!!! This gets me sooo mad!!! /images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif/images/icons/mad.gif

People, if you are that stupid not to realize you hit a bike and dragged it several miles then you should not be driving at all!!!

Sorry. I just had to vent a bit here.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
It wasn't me..I hope they SERIOUSLY throw the book at that guy...if you can't tell you hit something as big as a motorcycle, then you don't need to be driving.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey all, for the record, what 996 punk said is correct. I worked that traffic accident. According to the statements that i got from the witnesses the ryder truck was changing lanes as it exited the highway on to Sante Fe southbound, and struck the rider. He was the last rider in a group with his buddies. the truck struck him, sucked him underneth, and went over him. Much thanks goes to the witnesses that stopped and assisted. A couple of which also ride bikes(Harleys). The truck dragged the bike underneth it for almost a mile, it was stopped just after mississippi. I wish i knew more as to what happend, and will happen to the driver but the detectives/DA's are running the show. One other sad note, the drivers young son was in the cab with him.

<font color=blue>Mile High Sport Bike Association (MHSBA)</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geeze, thats pretty messed up man.

I seriously hope they do the right thing man, for all those of use out here that do not have the luxury of having known who drove over them and kept going pleading ignorant.

I'm glad it wasnt Paul or Jason, but I'm so sad to hear about a rider going down like that, very disturbing, hits way too close to home.

I'm very proud of the other drivers tho, and for the one parking his car/truck as to protect the rider from being struck/run over again/any more than was already done.

My prayers with his family.

Does anyone know if he was wearing any kind of gear? Kind of pointless, but I was really curious to see how he fared up versus me.

Duane

·
Registered
297 Posts
D, he was wearing a helmet, leather jacket, glvoes, and some type of boots. He was wearing what most of us all ride in.

<font color=blue>Mile High Sport Bike Association (MHSBA)</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, was wearing some decent gear too. I still cant believe he just kept going. People these days have no heart man, no concious. You'd think he'd step up and do the right thing. Maybe I'm being to harsh, but I dont feel like I am.

Its amazing how a wreck like this changes things for you. Keep doing a great job TX, we appreciate having ppl like you out there keeping us safe bro, watch ur back man, we cant afford to lose somoene like you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts