Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted by user zx9r on the labusas.org forum:

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Kawasaki has announced today of the impending release of a new cruiser model to compete in the
lucrative top end of the U.S market. Spokesman Mr. Kaiyo Yamashinto, Product media co-ordinator
was visually very excited about speaking to the few press personnel invited to the media release
today. "We have listened for a long time now to what our consumer has been asking for, and it has
been a long slow process to get this particular model to the streets" he said. " we have had this
fantastic machine go though various stages of development and some of this has been included in
our current Vulcan range but not to this degree. After speaking of the recent introduction of Yamaha
and HD ( Warrior/Vrod) as well as Hondas VTX he had a sly grin just before reading some of the
attributes of this latest model...which was still under silk on a stand nearby.

The new machine has an amazing amount of standard features but its main feature is its an out and
out street muscle machine!

1947 CC v twin liquid cooling 4 valve per cyl
EFI
Kawasaki forced air system ( Hypercharger type system)
Sculptured frame coloured coded
5 US gl tank
Forward controls
Cruise control
Handlebar mounted instruments ( similar to Mean Streak)
190/15 rear tire
Alloy rims- 2 designs avail as standard
Custom Billet mirrors
2/2 turndown exhaust system ( still quiet due to ADR rules)
Seat is over 1 inch lower than most Vulcans
Rear fender styling with low slung close fit ...but it is plastic as against metal
Available in 4 custom paint styles .

overall styling is very American , very big and mean...pardon the pun. We were not allowed to take
photos at this media release but it sure looked like a real great machine, and nothing like the
competition , no huge fat exhaust mufflers or plastic headlights, I cant wait to get a ride on this
beast and snap a few photos. Kawasaki say the release is planned for August this year and another
point of interest is this will be the last cruiser to be 100% Kawasaki, the following models will be
jointly developed between Suzuki/ Kawasaki as part of the new integration program adopted a few
months ago and announced on the Tokyo Stock exchange in February

<hr></blockquote>

__
Life is precious. Treasure it.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
That would certainly be awsome for Kawi.
There cruiser line is really doing well lately.
But that would add a nice touch.

It also might explain why the MeanStreak was not
as "mean" as it could have been.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Does anyone get the feeling that motorcycles are going the way of American automobiles? bigger, Bigger, BIGGER! A 2000 cc cruiser just sounds bulky to me. That's why I love the idea of the new liter bikes. A little up on power and a little down on weight to improve performance.

I completely understand when someone buys a Ford F250 to trailer horses. I understand when someone buys a Jeep to tackle the Rubicon trail. But it just seems to me that it would be more comfortable AND more economical to buy a nice sedan or sports coupe instead of a Ford Excursion to commute by interstate by yourself. This supercruiser just seems like the same excess.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Re: Kawasaki to make 1950cc supercharged powercrui

make a sportbike with that power

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

That sounds awesome. I like the big v-twin cruisers alot and have been thinking about getting a VTX if I can sell my other bike and get a good summer job but dang a supercharged 2000cc engine would be hella powerful. I would guess over 150 ft/lbs torque too. [drool]

·
Registered
4,780 Posts

Sounds like an April Fool's gag to me! IMO the best "power cruiser" will always be the Vmax/images/icons/wink.gif.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts