Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it. I just went an ordered the Ackros full 2-2. I have researched the kick stand issue and it is solvable, (Yeah sure it is, Chad, sure it is...)

The will be here in 4 to 6 weeks, (Yeah, sure they will, Chad, sure they will...)

I am going to offer them up to the Dyno Days that Ken, (Evoluzione,) is organizing. That means, amoung the other slip on's and singles, The true duals made by, Tig's Harris, and now Ackro will be represented!

I am obviously very excited to be getting these pipes!

I will of course post full pics, (now that I finally learned how to,) and a full shipping, fitment, testing report, etc, when I get em.

If I/we have to reverse engineer the side stand issue, so be it, I DARE TO PIPE WHERE NO MAN HAS PIPED BEFORE!!!

Chad.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
VERY SWEEET!!! /images/icons/cool.gif

Let us all know how your pipe job went! /images/icons/crazy.gif

Scott /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
831 Posts
Chad, with the Ackros you can't go wrong! They are a work of art. Let us know how the kickstand mods go. What chip are you planning to run with them?

Jay
Hello, Come in Earth, Over./images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Viper that's me. I gotta remember to update the resume' but with all the time I spend online talking Aprilia, BMW's and the like, it's way down there on my list of to-dos

Thanks for the well wishes guys I can't wait to get these bad boys on and running! I went with the full Ti's. Soooo Sweeet!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
R,
You know your chip question is the next diagnostic step I gotta figure. One of the importers I spoke with talk about an Fem, (?) chip in conjuction with a power commander. Others have told me to just run it with stock. Not sure what to do... Will talk wtih Ken, and am open to any suggestions base on you guy's experience, etc.

Tick-tock! It' s the waiting that' s the hardest part!!!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Chip-wise, the FactoryPro and BB Power are the best I've tried. The Arrow chip for Falco is merely a Euro-spec RSV jobbie, and the RSC chips are known to have a stumble in the mid-range.

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
wouldn't akro themselves be making a chip ideally suited for their system...? or no...?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jim,

1900.00 bones! not bad, huh.

Scott,

Thanks for the chip-vice I gotta be thinking about that one till they get here. Will probably have to try both.

shamar,

I put out an email to a guy I know who actually works at ackro. He takes a awhile to respond but I asked him that very question.

I will post his response.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Chad, if you want a free trial of the FactoryPro chip let me know. I have one sitting in my "parts" box. If you don't like it, send it back, if you do like it and want to keep it, we can figure out a price /images/icons/laugh.gif. $1900 really isn't bad compared to the prices I have seen for the Tigcraft and the Arrow full systems. Sheesh never thought there would ever be the day that I would be saying that $1900 "isn't bad". If I may preempt the Akrapovic response. That exhaust is a full race system sold for race bikes and it is understood that race teams would rather custom tune/map their own chips for the various racetracks/conditions they run. That would be my understanding anyway.

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
$1,900.... I assumed it came with an EPROM, but from what I understand here, no EPROM?

So figure an additional $200+ for either EPROM or a powercommander...I look forward to seeing those dynos...by far the most expensive full system on the market and no EPROM included.../images/icons/frown.gif

I don't see the reason why this system is so much more than Tigs, Harris or Renes...at least Tigs & Renes come with EPROM (not sure about Harris)...best of all these three allow a kickstand /images/icons/wink.gif

I am anxious to hear your feedback Chad...you're more of a gambling man than I..../images/icons/smile.gif

Jim

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
The reason is simple, its Akrapovic. I don't really see why a Ferrari should cost $200,000 as it certainly doesn't cost Fiat that much to build one, but it does and there is a 2 year waiting list to order one. The name counts for alot, and not to take anything away from the other guys as I haven't inspected them, but the Akrapovic has beautiful construction that just screams "quality".

Take care,
Gregory

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
how much are the others...? i figured they'd be running about the same in price... so is this a true "evoluzione" system...? or just a "reasonable facsimile"...? i wouldn't think it could be unless it's 60+ mm and does away with the turn signals...? and then of course, you'd have to have something more than just a "stock" motor to take advantage of the dramatic increase in diameter.

don't get me wrong, i'll love it either way. i was the first to inquire about 'em on here without a decent response so it took it upon myself and email tadej from akrapovic about 'em. back in the spring of last year, i told 'em to stop F'n around and get on with it... there's a market out here to avail yourselves of...!!! LOL 3 or 4 months later the competition began "beating them to the punch" and began introducting all of their "lame" dual systems.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Tigcraft and Harris are around $1500-$1600. I think Arrow was about $1400 and Renegades are $1100-$1400 depending on can choice. The Akrapovic is the most expensive I have heard of, no doubt about that, but its pricing is in line when compared to its slip-on prices being more than other slip-ons. I doubt it's a full 60mm system as that would probably hurt the stock engine's performance.

Take care,
Gregory

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
for reference... "the real deal holyfield" (troy's '01 spec bike)... not bad i guess, once you fit the full "corse style" catch pan. :)

i hope they've based it on the euro spec motor (which is likely). now that we're getting 'em, that'll be FOOOKIN' SWEET..!!! LOL

notice how much shorter the spokes are on the "works" bike due to the smaller 16.5 rim diameter...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Chad
i understand working my arse off....14 days without a day off here /images/icons/frown.gif man owning your own business ain't what I thought /images/icons/wink.gif but i do agree we deserve to spoil myself....why else to i have mag wheels, full system, rear sets etc... ummm, besides i am single...that helps /images/icons/laugh.gif

anyway, i apologize if it sounded like i questioned your purchase. i was just surprised that they are that much more expensive than the other full systems on the market. i see greg compare them to a ferrari, i am not that fimilar with the Akro exhaust, i just based the cost as being high when compared to the other full systems available. i also didn't realize they don't have an EPROM, which does add even a few hundred more...

I don't think anyone would say i told you so if you aren't happy... i for one think its great that you decided to get what you want, i for one bought my RSV without ever starting it or even riding one. I walked in and said I have to have that bike...now that was a $14,000 gamble...and i am glad i did it.

Jim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't know if it's got an EPROM with it or not. I was told by one source that it could be run with the stock chip and the dyno number would be as posted. Wouldn't that be grand! Others have stated that I will need to re-chip and maybe even power commander, also.

Which or what ever, it's going to be an adventue.

We will just have to see what shows up. As I stated, I will post a full fitment, shipping, tech analysis. etc.
And Pics, lot's of Pics!!!!

I deleted my last post after reading it. Cause it didn't seem necessary. and by the by...

Jim, my last post was not aimed at you. We all know you are the Ren guy. We all know you were a good guy before you became the Ren guy. And I'm sure that you will be a good guy after too. (What ever that means, huh?)

No need to worry. I even appreciated you steering me away from the Ren dual highs. I was this close to buying'em but your non-biased honest advice talked me out of it.

(If that doesn't prove to any of your detractors your pure heart/nature, nothing will!)

Let's all keep watching. The "ackro-purchase-fitment-dynodays" ride should be a wild one!

Ride safe,

Chad.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts