Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my \'02 ZRX1200R

Just got my '02 ZRX1200R. It is so weird riding something different from an all-out sportbike. I have owned a ZX6E, ZX7R, GSXR750, and still have my '01 ZX9R, but the ZRX1200R is a very different animal. The torque is great from what I can tell so far, and the seating position is comfy, not lazy cruiser style. The only similar thing to a sportbike is the leg to seat position. I was determined to find a bike that has the power and acceleration of a sportbike, but the comfort of a tourer. I hope I have found it, but only more miles will tell! Color purchased, GREEN of course.

Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: Just got my \'02 ZRX1200R

hope you like it. biggest thing turning me off those bikes is nothing for wind protection. of course if you are just bombing around town thats fine but ugh, i wouldnt want to do too much on the highway

·
Registered
122 Posts

Congrats, I've had my '01 for 11 months now and love it.Had a '99 zx9 but it was totalled in a little run in with a deer.The zrx is a great all around bike and extended highway riding is no problem,there are a few aftermarket screens if you need more protection.Definitily check out the zrx forum,all you'll ever want to know about these bikes,from mods to maintenance.Have fun!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the info people, I'll check out the forum.

Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
0 Posts

Congrats! My buddy's got a 99 ZREX1100 & put in the ZX11 cams & such & boy, that thing gives my 94 ZX9 a run for the money! Fun to ride, I can't say I've never thought about gettin one myself! Good luck with it! Lets see some pics, too!

<font color=purple> This bike capable of evading high speed pursuit!</font color=purple>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts