Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I've seen the pants and jacket at a store -- never actually tried them on. I had been thinking about getting the pants but decided not to because:

1. The Supermoto pants use a longer ziper... that is, they will only fit the Supermoto Jacket. Seems like you would have to get them tailored... Read Paul's comments: http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_supermoto_pants_page.htm

2. There is a considerable amount of mesh material below the knee pucks and I'm affraid of road-rash...

3. Dual-density (foam) armor in the knees.

4. The pants are great looking looking BUT the jacket has a rough finish and does not seem all that nice, especially up close and in some of the color combinations

The pants definitely look super cool but I was affraid to try them. If you do buy the Supermoto pants, pls let us know what you think...

I ended up getting the Speedmasters. If you get those, make sure you buy the perforated version and a size bigger. I wear 36 jeans and could barely fit in the 36 pants. I had to sell them to a friend who's got a 34 waist and order me 38's (they fit nice). :808922-fiddy:

-Nick

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I bought the pants and jacket. They seem to fit well but have not be on a long ride with them yet. I did read that the zipper is bigger but I got the jacket so that dont matter. The jacket I got has a smooth finish, I got the black and white ones. I can see a few small issues. One being that they are a warm weather style leathers but thats not a big issue to me and the mesh under the knee but my boots go up high enought to protect me from road rash. I think for the price there going to work out get.
:waytogo:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Congrats! The b/w combination is the way to go. Ride safe in them :waytogo:
-Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts