Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help ! I just put a full system on my R1.. I had a Slip on before. This thing screams from 4500 up,but has a huge stumble,like a miss from 3000-4000 I moved the clip down to fatten it up,but im all the way down now. It got a little better,but not much.. Any help would be appriated !

·
Registered
262 Posts
It sounds like you're running it too fat! Usually a bog is too rich. If you had no problems before the mod then that's where I would go with it. Usually you want to fatten it until the bog starts and then just lean it out until the bog goes away and leave it there.
If you are in question at all after you lean it out and it's ok, run it a little bit and then pull plugs and make sure it isn't too lean. But it should be fine if you just lean it out until it goes away.

If you want to know how good the tail section of an R1 looks...Just ask a Honda rider!/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
68 Posts
WELL IVAN TOLD ME THAT THEY IS NOT ONE THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THIS UNDER 4GRAND(RPM) WITH HIS KIT AND A FULL AKRAPOVIC. HE SAID NO FULL THROTTLE UNDER 4GRAND OR IT WILL BOG OUT. BUT HE DID SAY REV IT UP A LIL AND RIDE THE CLUTCH A LIL WHEN YOU WANT A FAST START

danger

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually found out it was too fat. After moving the needle down to make it richer,it got worse. I am back up now 2 from where it was. It runs great now. Im glad Ivan said that about his needles,I was going to order a set here soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts