Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I so want one. I love my Wrangler, but this thing is nuts. Two 8-cylinder Hemi engines for a combined 670 hp (though, you can choose as few as 4 operating cylinders for fuel economy), all the tires can be turned in the same direction to move laterally, or they can be spread to rotate in one spot. Oh, yeah, and does 0-60 in 5 seconds.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a concept that was just shown in Detroit, though it's supposed to be fully-functional. I doubt it comes out in the full form they have now, since their top-of-the-heap Wrangler Rubicon is only $30k. They can't make a gigantic price jump for what's essentially a two-seater, geared towards mostly offroad use, without pricing it out of their current audience. Still, even with a pair of V6 engines, it would be crazy fun.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
“or they can be spread to rotate in one spot”

You would need clever gearing to get that to work as well.

Cool though, I would love to see any company come to the market with some thing that radical.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
3banger said:

Cool though, I would love to see any company come to the market with some thing that radical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to see them do that...and floor it!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[ QUOTE ]
yotsko said:
[ QUOTE ]
3banger said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to see them do that...and floor it!

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about what I would do first if I ever got ahold of one and that was exactly it. Find a big open spot, flare all the wheels out and spin that fucker as fast as it will go.

I'm sure some engineer already did it, one of Jeep's lawyers had a heart attack, and they quickly slapped a limiter on it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Man doing 30mph in circles in that thing would be a blast. That would be the only reason to buy it for me... and it would be well worth it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
That is very cool. The steering setup reminds me of how some airport tugs are equipped.

Still, I'd be happier with a CJ-5 under a fibreglass body and the 151 c.i.d. four banger in it.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
that is an assine amount of power, in all my 4wd excursions, the tires slipped long before i ran out of power(wth a v6, v8, I4) from the looks of it, one engine goes to one set of wheels, and the other engine to that set, seems like a heavy way of getting power to the tires, and you can't run 4wd off just one engine(youd have to have two driveshafts and all that other crap). I think 1 V8 is plenty. and then with that you could make room for more people, and reduce weight, and still have the steering goodies, which could be very useful, if in fact the owner ever actually took it off road, and maybe 1/10 would

and yes, I would flare then and floor the sob, then slam on the brakes, and do it again, but youd have to have a differential set up to the steering, (if the wheel was nuetral, which way would it spin?)

·
Registered
442 Posts
thats the coolest jeep i've ever seen. I would still pick a real hum v over it though.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
It's not half as good as the "Canyonero" :lol:
Even if Slorch promoted it :grin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts