Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'ve been officially removed from duty (Ambulance)

I went back to work the day after mashing the ambulance. My head felt like a steel rod was jammed through it; my hand/neck/back/traps hurt. (as to be expected).

What I didn't expect was the ER calling me at home. They left a message stating that they needed me to call back the MD that saw me.

It was late when I got the message and the doc had left the ER.
During the day I started having some cognitive problems (more than usual :lol:) but I didn't say anything.

I went back to work today with the same pains and brain problems. I brought a patient into the same ER that I was seen at (a critical patient) and the doctor was the attending. He sees me and says that we need to chat.

He tells me that they missed a fracture of my distal first metacarpal bone (bone in my hand) and that it would need to be casted. :flame:

He also said that I had a concussion and a break of the supraorbital margin and frontal lobe (my head, or my mellon as I like to call it).

Now I've got this freaking cast on my left hand and I've been officially ordered off the street until further notice. :flame:

I was scheduled to do a manditory fitness testing next week for the SWAT team. I guess I'm going to have to cancell. :bawling:

Below is the photo of the object that broke my mellon. I never realized how strong the ears of a stethoscope were until we tried to bend the ear back in place. :blush:
I think had I been anyone with a brain larger than a walnut and not surrounded by a super thick skull, I would have really been in a world of hurt. :cwm27: :lol: :cwm27:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Re: I\'ve been officially removed from duty (Ambulance)

I making a mental not not to wear a stethoscope while in a moving car , i highly suggest you dont do it from now on too , or only when the situation calls for it

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts
Re: I\'ve been officially removed from duty (Ambula

Bummer, guess this puts the kibosh on the SV project for awhile.

At least you weren't holding surgical instruments for the crash.

·
Registered
9,753 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
terrasmak said:
I making a mental not not to wear a stethoscope while in a moving car , i highly suggest you dont do it from now on too , or only when the situation calls for it

[/ QUOTE ]

I can still wear one during sex though, right? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

:help:

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
Re: I\'ve been officially removed from duty (Ambula

Wow, that's a tough break(no pun intended). I hope that you heal up quickly so you can get back to your routine. It sucks when everything gets all disrupted on you, especially when it's through no fault of your own. Get in some quality R&R :tongue:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
WFO-900 said:
I can still wear one during sex though, right? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

:help:

[/ QUOTE ]

You check for a heartbeat before you get in it brother! Reminds me of the reason Mike Tyson cries during sex... (all that durn mace!)

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
You check for a heartbeat before you get in it brother! Reminds me of the reason Mike Tyson cries during sex... (all that durn mace!)

[/ QUOTE ]

:shocked:

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Bummer, guess this puts the kibosh on the SV project for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a chance! I ordered the JE pistons last Saturday and I expect that they will be here by next weekend. I can't really do much on the bike until the heads are done (probably a week after the pistons arrive) and I can fudge my way around with one hand.

They said I would be out of action for about 2 weeks or a little more. I'll probably figure out a way to make it less than 2 weeks :grin: Sitting around is just plain stupid.

[ QUOTE ]
I can still wear one during sex though, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
As long as you wear your special helmet and use leathers. :waytogo:

The ER gave me T3's (Acetaminophen/codeine) during my initial visit. I took them when I got home that night. About 20 minutes later I woke up with some serious nausea. I ended up in the bathroom worshiping the porcelain god all night.

When I went back to get my cast, they traded me the T3's for Oxycodone/Acetaminophen.
I took them when I got home and about 45 minutes later I woke up itching like crazy. It felt like there was an army of ants crawling all over me! :blush:
I checked myself to see if I was having an allergic reaction but, I had no urticaria (hives) and no shortness of breath.
I took 25mg of Benadryl p.o. and went back to bed. The itching just got worse! :flame:
I ended up taking 100mg of Benadryl before the itching would stop :lol:
It was a really short sleep night for me. :tongue:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts