Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ivan\'s Jet kit results

I just had an Ivan's Jet kit installed on my 2001 ZX-9R. I was fairly cold today so I only put about 30 miles on it and most of that was on the highway, but it does feel stronger at about 5500 RPM. It also feels a little better when I crack open the throttle.

I had the kit installed by my local Kawasaki dealer (Koup's ). The install seems to be pretty good although I was disappointed in the Dyno they provided. It was done on a DynoJet and they didn't measure the RPM's so I didn't get any torque data.
The whole job cost $150 plus the $170 I had paid Ivan's for the kit. Actually the shop billed me $180 for the install but I will be going back to correct that tomorrow.

All in all I think the best mod was the Leo Vince slip-on. That already had me up to 134 HP and I love the way it sounds. The Jet Kit does seem to have smoothed out some of the 9's notorious rough spots but in hind sight for $320 I would have probably passed. Maybe had I saved the $150 for the install I would have felt like I got more bang for my buck.

Here is a list of Mods to my bike (so far):

1. Corbin Seat - Very nice! If your into hanging off the side a lot, the carbon fiber pattern doesn't let you slide real well though.
2. Leo Vince Slip-on - Sound great and nice performance
3. Targa seat cowl - Fit is great finish is a little darker than stock
4. GP pegs - I just did like the look of the stock rubber pegs.
5. Peeled all stickers - I'm beyond the old "ninja image" besides think how much weight I saved.
6. Lockhart Phillips 1/2 tank cover - Like the look but I'm still not used to the feel.

Please feel free to let me know what should be next!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Re: Ivan\'s Jet kit results

Wow, you had a really smooth power curve before the jet kit! Are you sure they didn't forget to do the first dyno run before the jet kit install and just did both after? /images/icons/wink.gif

·
eratbiker
3,826 Posts

$320 for basicaly the same as before????you know that printout doesnt show anything you can feel. sorry to bring you the bad news but you just payed $320 for well IMO nothing

<font color=purple>RILLA'S</font color=purple> RULE <font color=red>hi officer how did you see me trough that smoke</font color=red>

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

Here's my Ivan's results. I instantly felt a difference.
I got mine installed at Cumberland Kawasaki. I bought my bike at Koup's dude.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

He didn't pay for the needles for nothing. It eliminates the ubrubt throttle response that plauged that year and mine. 00'

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The weather was pretty nice here today so I got a nice ride in after work. It really feels like things have been smoothed out. The throttle response now has more of a pull feel than the jerk that it used to have. the bike also surges at about 5500 rpm now. The only time I felt that before the kit was at about 9000 rpm.

·
Registered
572 Posts

Your bike probably accelerates a lot better now.I had a leo vinci slip on ,on my f4 real quality stuff.Be happy man 135 is good I've seen several bikes on here with full systems putting out about the same,so figure you saved 3-400$ over a full system.My bikes putting out about the same as yours and I have a full akro.Your $hit is bad be happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts