Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ivan\'s jet kit 99 9r

I'm getting started on installing the kit in my bike and have a question about the fuel level. It says change fuel level to 14mm, looking in the service manual this will actually lower the fuel level is this right?
Also, how much difference in throttle response does it make if the slide springs are clipped?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: Ivan\'s jet kit 99 9r

Yeah your lowering the fuel level, you may need to play with it abit too. On my '98 I have a Factory kit and they suggested starting at 15mm, but Muzzy's told me 16mm. After trying 15mm, I got better results with the 16mm setting.

Didn't your Ivan's kit come with springs? Are you talking about cutting the stock springs or the kit springs. I wouldn't cut the kit springs as there set up for optimum performance, but you might want to play with your stock ones. You might get a quicker response but I would be concerned of the rate that the slides return since vacuum is what move them they might hang or lag a bit if too little spring pressure.

<font color=green>If your elbow isn't touching, what's the point in riding?</font color=green>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts