Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It\'s that stupid time of the year again.....

Well It's averaging high twenties for highs and teens for lows so I decided the official "got to stop heating the shop and winterize the crap" day has come. Basicly took most of yesterday to complete. Here is my laundry list of stuff:

Dragster:
Drain fuel pump, lube
Drain water-wetter out, replace with antifreeze
Fill fuel system, Injector berrel valve, and nozzles with VP oil
Change oil
Fog cylenders with oil
Compression check, leak down check, valve spring check
Back off vavles, throw battery tender on.

Pit bike + Race generator + Lawn mower (riding) + Lawn Mower (push):
Change oil
Sta-bil
Battery on battery tender

Pit tow vehicle (The Big Red Thing):
Change oil
Sta-bil
Flush antifreeze

Nate's 4-wheeler, My 4-wheeler:
Change oil
Sta-bil
Batteries on Battery tender
Race Trailer:
Take out all water stuff

BMW Z3 (wifes toy):
Change oil
Flush Antifreeze
Throw tarp on

RC-51
Change oil
Sta-bil
Battery tender
Flush Antifreeze
Wash+Wax
Put in air on stands
Throw tarp on

Track Bike (600rr)
Drain water-wetter, put in antifreeze
Change oil
Pup in air on stands
Bring skins into basement for prep work for paint

If I get any more hobbies I'm going to have to hire a full time live-in machanic! :lol:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: It\'s that stupid time of the year again.....

Yup, I starting to get it down to a science, I just need to move to somplace with a warmer climate................and some curved roads might be nice as well. Supprised all the west coast guys havent rubbed all the miles they road in the last few days in my face. :809028-ridin:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Supprised all the west coast guys havent rubbed all the miles they road in the last few days in my face. :809028-ridin:

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU can rub MY face in it for how many miles I HAVEN'T ridden in the last few days. Only 125, this week, all commuting. :frown:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
nemo963 said:
Supprised all the west coast guys havent rubbed all the miles they road in the last few days in my face. :809028-ridin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let's see if us Floridians can take up some of the slack--did about 200 miles on Sunday, would've ranged further afield, but there's a cold front passing through, and I headed north to the twisties in my Vanson 1 piece; it was gettin' a bit chilly (high 50's F)--if I'd worn my "cold weather" jacket, I'd have been toasty :waytogo:.

I have to admit to p*ssying out a bit though--didn't make BRC's 8:00 AM breakfast ride: it was in the 30s at the meet up spot 40 miles north--and inland--from my place. I waited 'til 11:00 before heading out when temps up there snuck into the low 60s. :smirk:

Ran around to a couple dealerships (looking for rim protectors/savers for when I change tires) back and forth across the Bay on Monday and Tuesday--probably another 100 miles. Beautiful, mid-high 60s, weather: bike makes great power, and the 10 mile blasts across the (pretty much cop-free) Bay bridges provide ample opportunity to enjoy it. :laugh:

So, no winterizing plans for the bike, but I did pretty much finish off my Pilot Sports (I'll still fit in a few local rides on them), so I do need to mount up my new Pilot Powers for this weekend. :wink:

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
south said:
[ QUOTE ]
nemo963 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let's see if us Floridians can take up some of the slack--did about 200 miles on Sunday, would've ranged further afield, but there's a cold front passing through, and I headed north to the twisties in my Vanson 1 piece; it was gettin' a bit chilly (high 50's F)--if I'd worn my "cold weather" jacket, I'd have been toasty :waytogo:.

I have to admit to p*ssying out a bit though--didn't make BRC's 8:00 AM breakfast ride: it was in the 30s at the meet up spot 40 miles north--and inland--from my place. I waited 'til 11:00 before heading out when temps up there snuck into the low 60s. :smirk:

Ran around to a couple dealerships (looking for rim protectors/savers for when I change tires) back and forth across the Bay on Monday and Tuesday--probably another 100 miles. Beautiful, mid-high 60s, weather: bike makes great power, and the 10 mile blasts across the (pretty much cop-free) Bay bridges provide ample opportunity to enjoy it. :laugh:

So, no winterizing plans for the bike, but I did pretty much finish off my Pilot Sports (I'll still fit in a few local rides on them), so I do need to mount up my new Pilot Powers for this weekend. :wink:

[/ QUOTE ]

:bird:

·
Registered
479 Posts

I don't want to rub it anyones faces because of the bad karma. BUT..... since you are asking.... I rode about 250 miles on both Saturday and Sunday. It was 70 degrees and sunny. I was sweating on Palomar on Saturday. :grin: I love socal

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

I like my winter maintance .... oil change on Supra and drive the piss out of it , put new chain on NSR and ride till more parts arrive in mail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts