Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Now we know why Picotte got the boot, it certainly wasn't due to lack of performance on his part, but if they honestly think Chandler is better than Picotte they are fools. That old man has been cruising around racetracks for years now collecting a paycheck and padding his retirement, no wonder the journalists call him "pensioner".

Chandler probably wasn't able to run Daytona, so they strung Picotte along holding a contract over his head, until Chandler was ready for the ride. I don't know anything about Hansen but I would say that was a pretty crappy thing to do to someone. I wonder how Chandler feels about working with a team that would treat it's rider that way?, he probably doesn't care as it seems like he has been riding for money lately and not for race victories.

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, kudos... you guys are both articulating in a manner after my own heart... :) ris, that "big top" analogy was especially funny... LOL hahahahahahhaha...

and now that i've met both the guys, i'm kinda torn on how i feel. they both seemed genuinely humble...? but seeing as how he was already in place, i guess i side with picotte.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Shamar I don't think Chandler or Picotte is the question. Chandler is a decent guy, its just that he is past his prime or at least he rides that way. He needs to realize that if he isn't in it to win it, the honourable thing to do is move aside and give the younger, more hungry guys a chance. The "bad" element here is Hansen who apparently is not above lies and deceit when it suits him. He lied to Picotte and probably ruined his chance of getting a decent ride for the rest of the season.

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
agreed... definitely well put...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts