Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was the Honda page, but nobody here seems to have any info on the 954, what gives?

"when in doubt......upshift!"

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
What info do you need? I've got 1400 miles on mine, no problems, lots of good weather, and plenty of time. The muffler is too big, the handling is awsome, the seat is a bench, the power is incredible, and the brakes are more than most cars have. Smooth, quiet(too quiet), aggresive styling, and looks great in Silver and Black. Anything else?

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Was with a guy who wrecked his, brakes are strong.

Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Got some specific info you're looking for? Keep in mind the bike's been in dealers for a matter of weeks...

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, didn't mean to sound like I was ragging on you, just had to get your attention:) I guess since it is a new bike, feedback will be limited. I really just wanted break-in procedures and any info that might help. I know the exhaust pipe is HUGE and the seat is hard, but it sure is a nice looking bike and light as sh&t!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Dude read the manual. No full throttle runs for 300 miles. Other than that ride it. And it says in your profile you are a racer? /images/icons/tongue.gif I would think you'd know this stuff, at least know enough to look in the manual when it doubt.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know plenty about break-in process, but if you read my profile, you would see that I race Suzuki's. I just thought I would see what the Honda guys were saying about the bike. (ie...my friends bike with 37 miles on it sounds like the cam chain tensioner is not working properly) Maybe this is something other Honda riders have experienced and looked into? If it was my bike, I would read the manual and I'm sure my buddy has/will. Just thought I would get some inside information from other 954 owners. If you ever go to the Suzuki page, people had a lot to say about the GSX-R 1000 and that was what I was hoping to find here on the 954.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Bike week wreck I alreay wrote about it do a search.

Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs

·
Registered
698 Posts
From the description you gave, it wasn't much of a wreck. Scratched plastic and a bruised ego seemed to be the worst of it /images/icons/smile.gif.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Yeah Honda CCT suck the big one!!!! 600,929,954 they all just don't know when to be quiet.

2002 TL1000R
2001 929 RR
1995/7 ZX7-9
Save a tire, ride a wheelie!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
nevermind

2002 TL1000R
2001 929 RR
1995/7 ZX7-9
Save a tire, ride a wheelie!