Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the average miles per year that is good for a bike. I have an offer for 2001 R6, Stock, with 4,000 miles for $6,500 is that good.

Else I am going to get brand new 2001 GSXR 600 for $7,700 OTD

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He had bought a GXR 750, and ended up having 2, so he didn't ride it much. But I'm worried about having to put more money into it such as for a damper, and to get it jetted and carbed periodically since it's not fuel injected like the Suzuki. Plus the worry about a used bike may or may not have been broke in right, or could have been road hard and rough. With a new bike, it elimates that.

But the used R6 has an extended warrany till 2005, New Suzuki is just standard 12 mths

Hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Get the R6. I have a 00 750 and 01 R6 and when it came time to sell one I chose the Gixxer....to sell. I love the R6. I have over 12,000 miles on mine and it is still stock jetting and carbs. Carbs are not bad. The dampener will still put the price less than a new 600 and it looks way better. Also the longer warranty is a nice touch. It's up to you man but that's what I would do. Good luck man and you will love either bike.

My toys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts