Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a zx9r 00' with 5400 miles. I want to try another bike and am looking for a good deal. It's a black 01' Falco new. Trading in my 9r I take the Falco home with an out the door price of 11,3000 bucks. I know it ain't cheap but my 9r really did some serious depreciating. So how bad is this fellas????

MADFALCO are you there? Is it really worth going from my 9r to a Falco? Afetr all you was MADKAW.

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Green -
I just picked up a 2k1 Falco for a little over 10k OTD - I have heard of guys finding em for as low as 9K OTD - I will say this, regardless of a few hundred extra dollars, you won't be sorry!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool name Crudmop! So what's it like? Quick and nimble? Front end wanna rise quickly? I really dig them bikes.

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Wow fast posting /images/icons/smile.gif
Mine is still restricted, so I can't truly enjoy the power yet /images/icons/frown.gif. SO far, I love how it handles - really solid in turns and is a joy to ride.

MF has often says he'd never go back to his zx9 now that he has enjoyed the Falco - as for the front tire coming up, watching him pull wheelies at 10mph, I knew I had to have one /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What took you so long to reply Crudmop?;)

So far I've narrowed it down between two bike. The 954 or Falco. I can get the 954 out the door for 11,7000 with my trade. My gut is telling me Falco but I'd hate to be wrong. I think I'd like the Honda but it would be very similar to mine engine wise. The Falco would be a whole different feeling I would think with the twin and all.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
You seem to have it all sorted out. I too think the 954 won't be much different than your 9R. If you really want different, then the Falco will certainly be different. Why not try selling the 9R privately and talking down the dealer on the Falco. They aren't stupid and will want to move the 01 with the 02s already out. BTW my Mille with a +2 rear will pull up the front at a walking pace with the speedo hardly registering a speed. Of course I don't know what to do with it then as I can't wheelie /images/icons/frown.gif.

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Green ~ That sounds exactly like the deal I did for my Falco. I traded an '00 9R for my 00.5 Falco. I only got 6k for the 9R on the trade, and paid 11,300 out the door with the Falco. So in reality, you're getting a 1k better deal than I did. I see alot of guys getting better deals than I did, but I don't regret it at all, and would gladly take the same deal tomorrow! That's just how much more fun the Falco is than the 9R was. Keep in mind that if it's screaming high end that you like, the Falco won't compare to the 9R. If you're riding is done mostly in the twisties, then the Falco is far superior! /images/icons/cool.gif I'd take the deal if I were you. You won't look back.

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mad- Thanks for the 00 9r to Falco review. Sounds like you're having more fun on the Falco. Those high mount cans look nice on your bike. I bet they sound worlds better than stock too. See you around...maybe on a new ride/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Redtwin- Selling my bike first would be smart but it may be a hard task. If I asked a selling price of 7grand(which I owe), well somebody could buy a brand new two year newer 9r for 8900 hundred bucks at this local dealer. That's how much they discounted the 02 9 already. Pretty crazy isn't it. Nice bike picture you got there./images/icons/smile.gif Later man/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Phew, for a second I thought you were talking about Falcos MF and I was gonna poop myself!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I would've bought another Falco if I could get one for that price! But I'm sure you're a perfect example now Crud. You probably agonized over the price you paid for the Falco before you picked it up. But now that you've got it, I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to do it again if you could do it over! And you have no idea how much better that thing will be soon. If it ain't broken in by Friday, you can ride the red one to get an idea! /images/icons/cool.gif

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Heheh it wont be ready by Friday - but I will say that I love it 100 times more than I thought I would.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a few words to say about the Falco.....Become one with the V...You will not be sorry...
p.s. We just had a guy last friday leave his 01 9r, And walked out with an 02 Falco...He left his bike on consignment with us for 7800..It had 683 miles...Nuf said on the trade in value of a 9r...You will not be sorry with the Falco...It will amaze you...Everyone who has taken mine for test ride has sais...Effortless,amazing ,the easiest bike I have ever ridin fast...

Later zixxer

Big Fish Eat Little Fish ---->>><<<----

1 - 16 of 16 Posts