Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Is that new R1 fun or what?

487 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SSgtGooB 
#1 ·
How's the wrist feel after a 30 mile highway drive? Any numbness?

#2 ·
If I was to buy the R1 it surely wouldn't be for comfort on a 30 mile stretch of highway/images/icons/tongue.gif

Hows it feel in a sweeper or back to back to back twisties? Thats the real question/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=orange>Antisigtite Bastage</font color=orange>

#4 ·
I took a nice semi long ride today. I was trying to get in a position I could just relax sitting up as much as possible cruising at about 80. I was pretty comfy, but my right hand had a slight bit of numbness, but nothing major; like a tingling kinda feeling. Anyways, I went to look at bikes, seen an R1 and hopped on. Being that my hands were a little tired from riding I immedietly felt the pressure the R1 was putting on my wrist. I don't think I could handle that sitting position. It looks killer though.

#6 ·
finaly someone who has had both a zx6r and a r-1 i myself dont like the handleing of the r-1 much i prefer the (98)zx6r for handling but no comparison anywhere else i still enjoy my 6r but as most yamaha owners will say after getting used to a r-1 or r-6 feeling so little you dont like any other bike. oh by the way what year was your zx6r?

<font color=green>sorry officer the dealer must have filled my front tire with helium or something</font color=green>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.