Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It's refreshing to see something like that. I like to think that we have *some* popular support over there. I just wish the whole situation could be so upbeat. We're losing 2-3 troops every day on average, way more end up maimed or seriously wounded and it doesn't look like we're getting out of there any time soon.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i agree it is refreshing to see pics that are more upbeat. like you said we would like to think we have "popular support". And yes we will be there for quite
awhile longer. Next year might prove to be a very dramatic expernice in that part of the world.

Peace
Tumbleweed

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Yeah its a shame that they dont show the good only the bad. Kind of weird, we have a guy in our heart unit who had surgery. his son is a high ranking officer or something over there. he called from iraq yesterday, and today showed up at our hospital. the army flew him home to visit his dad, so obvioulsy he has some status. :wink:

i dont know if i can give out his name but he is in charge of 150 helicoptors and a thousand troops over there. he was telling us some good stories and news about how its changing over there slowly but surely and how the media focuses only on the bad. he gave us some good stories and gave us the address of him and a couple other people over there to so we can
send stuff too.

gave us some things that would make his troops and others feel alittle better. his list inlcluded,
magazines (any kind)
gum
chapstick
chocolate
baby wipes
:crazy:i forget whate else he stated, but an assortment of odds and ends.

anyways we are going to get a huge collection from the hospital staff and send over some stuff they are without that they could use. he said you would think some of the stuff they would already have but you would be surprised what they do not.

oh well, i have a huge pile of maxim and stuff magazines im going to add to the collection. :grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts