Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CRE34 pointed me to http://www.anysoldier.com and it's a great site! I read it last night, went to Costco today, loaded up on toiletries, chew, dvds and batteries, then sent it off just now.

I would encourage everyone to at least check the site out. It really doesn't take that much effort to send a care package to troops in Iraq, Afganistan, or elsewhere. There are emails posted by military personnel which explain who they are, where they are from, where they are stationed, what they do and what they need. Most emails I saw were from soldiers that represented a small number of their group (15 or less) and mostly want simple things.

Personally, I think it's best done by individuals, because large groups with lots of money can get cumbersome and timeliness is important.

Just take a few minutes and check it out. Really, it's not difficult. A trip to the grocery store or Costco, Target, whatever, and voila! Postage can be spendy, but it's worth it. The package I sent was a bit over 20 pounds and cost slightly more than $40 for postage and insurance (insured at $190). Do it, you'll feel good when you do!!!!

·
More bikes than brains
5,319 Posts
I'm gonna set aside roughly $100 of my christmas money for that, what a fantastic service. I can't get these guys body armor or optics like I've seen on other sites, but I will get them anything from the local stores.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts