Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insurance \"scam?\"

OK... I think my insurance agent and I got over on an isurance company that I shall leave un-named for now.... The skinny is this: the 94 ZX7 is supposed to cost about $1200 a year for full (comp/coll) coverage as a model/class "C" motorcycle... Due to an error in the company's database, the bike is being listed as a class "B" motorcycle, and hence $850 cheaper for the same full coverage... After about an hour of my agent going back and forth with the folks at the "company" on the phone, we came to the conclusion that since it was listed as a quote in their database as such, I was entitled to the cheaper coverage....

My question is this.. What is the real difference between a B and C bike? My agent seems to think that the C's are high performance or something... (and how long you think I can skate on this?)

Thanks....
peas

Ride hard, live free

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Re: Insurance \"scam?\"

I don't know about the classes, but I do know that in most states, if not all, if an insurance company makes a mistake in the customer's benefit the insurance company loses out.

If they screwed up, take advantage of it as long as you can.

"With Dr. Boogie, the diagnosis is always funk!"

·
Registered
976 Posts

no doubt. if they tell you thats what it is, then take them up on it.

"2nd place is the 1st place loser." -- Origin Ambiguous

·
Registered
327 Posts

Not sure about the classes. State Farm simply looks at the cc of the bike, not what type of bike it is.

·
Registered
633 Posts

What will most likely happen is this, If the Insurance Company happens to realize their error, if one infact was made, then when it comes time to renew your policy your rate will be hiked up to the correct rate. They cannot change the rate in the middle of the policy period, so get it for the good price while you can.

Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
388 Posts

I shopped around and found Northland to be the cheapest. I pay about $220 for liability only.
They wanted about $750 for full. I'll take my chances!

·
Registered
59 Posts

I'm from Fargo, ND and i just paid my insurance for the year on my '94 ZX7. hold on let me add this up here.....$37.00 for the whole year, WOOT.

SOMETIMES U JIST GOTTA SAY F$CKIT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts