Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
DynamiteTNT said:
I'm born and raised in La Porte. (actually Wanatah) Heard they got 2 feet of snow. Any trueth to that?
Kathy

[/ QUOTE ]
i know michigan city had 24 inches of snow. where i live (muncie), we only got 10.5 inches. it was crazy, but all melted now :waytogo:

-dc

·
Registered
649 Posts
SliderR1...

Wow... didn't know you were originally a Hoosier like me. Or should I say I am born Hoosier, raised a cheese head, took a 10 yr. viking stretch in Norway, 10 more years of cheese & finally got smart & found some great twisty roads to ride all year round. AR has much better roads than IN or WI. In my humble opinion... that is. :rolling:

Just can't beat 10" of snow for Christmas, cross country skiing, then by the 27th having 60-70 degree motorcycle weather. I simply love AR-kansas. LOL :grin:

Hey... hope you are planning on coming up for the St. Patrick's Day Spring Opening Ride in March. March 18-20th with Sat. the 19th the BIG ride & event day. You're welcome up at AR-ranch ya know. Haven't seen ya since last X-mas party at Rocksmokers.

Kinda missed having a X-mas party with you LR guys. Are you doing mostly track time now, too... or you still street riding?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Hope to see you in March, if not before.
Kathy & Arild

·
Registered
649 Posts
dc...

Guess my cuz in La Porte (actually between La Porte & Michigan City) wasn't joking about the 24" then. I really thought they were pulling my leg. :help:

Muncie, Evansville, Kingsbury, W. LaFayette, Indianapolis, Valpo, Michigan City, etc... as much "kin" as I got up in that area... some of ya could be cousins. I used to go back every year for the family reunions, but my family is so big... I can't even remember all my 1st cousins 1st names. Kinda embarassing! This last year we tried to find any twisties available, but figured out in the end that we are now just simply "spoiled rotten" living & riding in AR-kansas.

Any of you Hoosiers wanna come west to the Ozark Mts. to ride. Feel free to take contact with us. AR-ranch is about 9-10 hrs. from Valpo... plan 12 hrs. if you wanna stop & eat & rest your buns a bit. Boring roads til you get to AR-kansas, but heavenly once you get to the AR Gap area in AR-kansas.

After the 10" of snow we got the afternoon & evening of the 22nd of Dec. After cross country skiing in ARkansas til Dec. 26th... by Dec. 27th, we had 60-70 degree weather, which is great motorcycle weather. And we still have above the 60's even today & since Dec. 27th. Hope you Hoosiers been having some decent weather to get in some rides as well.

Ride safe & have fun.
Kathy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
DynamiteTNT said:
Hope you Hoosiers been having some decent weather to get in some rides as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
stop rubbing it in, lol

i put my bike up (up here, we call it winterizing, lol). i was warm enough to take them out the other day (few of my friends were out), but i thought the roads were too slick and full of sand and salt to take my bike out.

i guess i can wait until the weather starts to change. until then, school and video games is occuping enough of my time :808993-banghead:

-dc

·
Registered
649 Posts
dc...

come on.... plan to come to AR-kansas in March for the big St. Patrick's Day Spring Opening Ride.

That is IF you can get a day off work. Come down Friday... the day off work...

Arrive and have a great bon-fire and weiner roast Fri. evening with all the riders arriving at AR-ranch. (from 5 diff. states & around 35-45) Sat. you go and ride and enjoy the Ozark twisties like you will fall in love with forever...along with the riders and making friends that come here year after year.

Sat. riding fun... Sat. evening band and more fun... DVD's and videos of the days rides... then Sunday is up and travel home to your "cold country".... or if you are lucky, warm that day in IN & ride all the way. March can be both cold or warm in IN.... but the roads home will definately be boring after you had the weekend in the Ozark Mts.

Hey... I can relate. I used to live in both IN and WI. We used to trailer down here to AR-kansas every year for the "spring ride", an offical event that we hunted the Ozark Mt. roads for sport bikes every time. Only to find none. So I "feel" for you brothers and sisters. These Ozarks are on "old tyme" way of being. A good thing! And, with understanding for them young'ns. Momma Hen has to shut up sometimes. This is one of them times.

I know what it's like to be the northern bound working poor SOB.... I am just giving y'all the offer of coming south for a weekend, or week of riding fun in the condos "warmth" like we used to do when we lived "up north". For $250 for a week in the warmth and riding in AR-kansas and staying at a 5 star condo... you can't beat the price or location. AR Gap, AR Grand Canyon and MO Hwy. 125 all within less than a 2 yr. ride.

All 2 hrs. will be enjoyable twisties. Come ride with us!
Kathy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[ QUOTE ]
DynamiteTNT said:
All 2 hrs. will be enjoyable twisties. Come ride with us!

[/ QUOTE ]
arkansas is a tad too far for me. plus in late march, i'll be in the caribbean on vacation. maybe in a year or so when i'm out of school i'll have the time to be taking road trips on my bike. until then, i'm stuck at college.

-derek

·
Registered
286 Posts
Kathy, must be more hoosiers in Arkansas than any of us thought. I lived in South Bend for 22 years, moved to Arkansas 10 years ago. Couldn't move back up north if I had to now, I guess I'm an official Arkansan. :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
hartwellr1 said:
i'm in columbus, brown county is some of the best riding in Indiana but jefferson county (madison area) gives it a good run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude! I work in Columbus! Chances are we've passed each other. For sure we've ridden some of the same asphalt.
I've heard there's good riding down Madison way but have yet to venture over there.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
BallUdc said:
i really have to make it down to brown county. i hear many people say it's the best riding in indiana. might as well see was the fuss is about, lol :grin:

-dc

[/ QUOTE ]

If you come down, try what we call the Big Loop. Start out in Nashville heading North on SR135. At Bean Blossom, take SR45 to Bloomington. In Bloomington pick up SR46 for a short piece. Take SR446 over Lake Monroe down to SR58. Go East on 58 to SR135. Take SR135 North to SR46 back into Nashville. Look at a map to get a clearer picture of how that works. From the sound of it, you might think you have to double back but trust me. It's a big loop.
If you want, hook up with me when the weather gets better and I'll show you.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
indianaroadracer said:
I'm up for a brown county ride once the weather hits the 70's. :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hell, let's plan a get-together sometime in the spring. We can all meet up in Nashville. :waytogo:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts