Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in-line 4\'s versus twins (guess who wins!)

the in-line four lovers have been whining about the rules "disadvantage" in superbike racing for years. well, they got the rules changed in british superbike for this year, where gsxr-1000s are competing against twins.

well, the ducs are still kicking their ass! now what, another rule change???

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?sectionID=212131&documentID=139407

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Re: in-line 4\'s versus twins (guess who wins!)

one round (and even one season, imo) does not a championship make... especially for a new bike (i.e. new to them). ask colin about his title defense in the 2nd year of the 51's existence.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

does not a championship make...

<hr></blockquote>

LOL.. why you talkin' like Yoda? /images/icons/laugh.gif
Anyway, a good rider can overcome a HP deficeit. I'll have to watch the BSB closely this year... should prove to be interesting.

James Nunez
Monster Hooligan
http://www.motowheels.com
Sacto, CA

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

that's not "yoda"... that's simply the truth young luke... LOL and often times... it's "stranger than fiction"... :)

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

Yoda, LMAO!!! /images/icons/laugh.gif

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I'll have to watch the BSB closely this year... should prove to be interesting.

<hr></blockquote>

What channel airs BSB races??? Don't hold out on us! /images/icons/wink.gif

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

unfortunately, it's not airing on anything here in the states. it comes on skyTV satellite or bbc5 or something like that in the U.K.... i've got my U.K. operative pete7r on the job of taping 'em though with a U.S. format vcr.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

Hook me up at the close of the season Shamar, I'll ride up and get them from you. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

roger that... just be advised... it's 13 rounds (almost as many as WSBK) so i'll need 13 blanks... :)

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

I can't fit that in my tankbag! /images/icons/laugh.gif

I stick as many races on one tape as possible myself. Now if Speed(vision) came in crystal clear on my set then I might opt to put one round per tape. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

well it can be condensed that's for sure. i figure at the highest quality speed setting (sp) for the dub ('cause who knows how good pete is recording it to begin with...?, lol) it gives you 2 hours per tape. and at the slower slp setting it gives you 6 hours. for example... most GP tapes, i can fit both the 500 and 250 races on at the sp setting, then if i drop it down, i can fit the 125 race from the same venue all on the same tape. note, this is only with the commercials edited out. once i do that, actual race footage only goes about 40 minutes per race.

tell ya what, in fact... you should come up for pocono round of the FUSA races 3rd weekend in august... a friend of mine (who lives just down the road from the track) has a big cookout at his house. and him and his brother know all the twisty back mountian roads, usually we all "rally" at his place around 10am f, st,& sn and the take us out for like 3hrs. i'm talkin' some serious IOM type stuff, with elevation changes, blind crests and the whole 9... certainly not for the faint of heart, but everyone usually segments up into groups anyay for the speed at which they feel comfortable. it's a blast...!!! :)

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

No commercials? I use them to jump up and grab my snacks! /images/icons/wink.gif

That sounds cool. I can certainly get some tapes to you once you get the "masters" in your possession. Dub while you wait? LOL

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

hahahhaa... well i guess you'll just have to rely on the good ole' "pause" button for those snack and bathroom breaks... :)

·
Registered
104 Posts

Racers do not get bathroom brakes or SNACK trips!!! :p I'd say sit down, and watch... shoot put your leathers on and melon cap, tell your wife your out racing :p

·
Registered
431 Posts

Just like the last two years Ducati will dominate BSB. The Suzuki is not going to even be close this year. The British tracks seem to be perfect for Ducati's. The only guy who ever came close to the Duc's on an in line four was Chris Walker and he is gone to SBK. John Reynolds will try hard but the big Suzuki will just eat its tires.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts

I guess the answer to the initial post is: V4s & V5s.

That is, when racing with the top dogs in GP even Ducti had to go V4. We'll see how it performs with the like of Rossi, KR Jr, Biaggi, etc...

I do have a question, and I don't mean to be sarcastic, but has a Ducati ever won a formula extreme anywhere in the world?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts