Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is what im sick of. Wheelies and stoppies. Let me give you a good peice of advice YOUR BIKE WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR THAT. I am tired of hearing people complain about the handling of their bike. Then they go out and slam the crap out of the suspension. WHY? A sportbike is for riding not stunts. If you want to stunt get a dirt bike. I live in socal and because of all the people doing stand up wheelies on the freeway I can barely ride my bike to work without being pulled over. All the good places to ride have people trying to run you off the road or have a lot of cops on them now becuase of people doing stoppies wheelies and other stupid crap. I was at the dealership yesteday hanging out with my friend who is a salesman there and he took me back to the shop area where they had 2 gixers, and 1 02 r1 with cracked frames from doing wheelies and a gsxr 600 with a blown rear shock from doing stoppies. This stuff happened to their bikes for a reason its not designed for that. If I want to do wheelies and stoppies I get on my YZ 250 which is light enough and has the suspension to handle that stuff. Just remember you guys be careful and your suspension is a big part of what makes you fast not how much horse at the rear wheel or what pipe you have but suspension and if you beat the crap out of it your bike will handle like crap. Sorry if I pissed anyone off but I wish everyone would calm down and ride.

Just put me back on my bike

Live fast all that matters is riding!!!

JUST PUT ME BACK ON MY BIKE!!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Im sick of this S**t

A lot of people might say your bike wasn't meant to be a commuter to work either. I say, "live and let live".

G

·

To each their own. If they wanna do wheelies and then complain about the bike's handling - just igonore them, they have no right to complain after that. But hell, it's their money they're waisting, let'em! Personally I plan to eventually work on wheelies on my new bike, but I know the consequences of it and I'm willing to pay for that extra bit of fun. /images/icons/smile.gif Though I also don't plan on pulling a wheelie every few miles.

For those of you doing the non-stop wheelies and enjoying it, more power to ya. Just don't complain to us when the handling is compromised. And please for the love of all things fast don't do them on highways or in traffic. Back roads with NO other cars on them!! Risk yourself on an empty road all you want, but not when you could potentially hurt others.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts

Sedan De Villes and Towncars are not made for off-roading either!!! YET - I happen to know some people who have done some SERIOUS off-roading in these vehicles!!!/images/icons/wink.gif
Lighten up and Have Some FUN!!!/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

i think the GSX-R 1000 was made for wheelies!!! If not, why did they build it? The 750 handles better..../images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
5,011 Posts

I think the...that... @ss is waving at me, AAHHH come here.

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts

I say "Take'em to the stake and BURN them!!! Damn it!!!!"

That's the same reason why I love living in the central coast of cali.

Have I said that enough times? :p

BTW, weather is getting too hot around here :D

·
Registered
5,356 Posts

my dirtbike says "for closed course competition use only". it was made for racing not stunts.who cares what they are doing with thier bikes. your not paying for it. the more parts they break the less exspensive they are for you when you bust em at the track. as long as there not doing it down main street. i suppose every grandma going thru metopause(sp?) that bought a viper is at skip barbers right now. or soccer dad taking the fam to the mountains in the explorer! dont think so. they take the expedition to work everyday on the highway and use 4wd when it rains. its a free country my friend

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

im not trying to say that you shouldnt do wheelies ive done a few myself but down the freeway during traffic is not a good idea and a wheelie at the start of a light and a stoppie at the end of a light all the way down the street is not a good idea either. then crying because the bike is messed up. People can do what ever they want but they need to be aware that if your doing wheelies on the freeway and places like that your gonna cuase problems for the rest of us. This kind of stuff is getting really out of hand here in san diego where i live and you can ask anyone who lives here. So if you dont like my opinion i dont care. I will do a wheelie on a back road or somewhere like that but on the freeway your just asking for trouble.

Live fast all that matters is riding!!!

JUST PUT ME BACK ON MY BIKE!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
so what you are saying is that cops are out there just because other people are doing wheelies stoppies standing on the tank and so on. but there are not out there looking for people blasting up and down the back roads of socal. ive been the i know what the roads are like. so i am pretty sure that it is not just all the people doing the stunts. i am guilty of doing my far share of stunts and also blasting down the back roads. hell just about every time all of go riding it turns into a race. and you can tell me you never do that. if you say that you never ride fast that what are you doing on a sport bike. shuold have bought a cruiser and spent a little more money and bought another bike just for the track. so put that in your pipe and smoke it LOL
and remember it is all about having fun!!!

RIDE IT LIKE YOU ARE MAD AT IT!!!

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
vapor, i understand where your comin from. everybody wants to do tricks and show off but when you do it in the wrong place it gives all of us a bad name. there are alot of things that piss poeple off though. riding bmx bikes, skateboarding,rollerblading. its not just us.

my neighbors dont like it when i ride my yz250 cause its noisy so i limit it 20 min sesions once a week. but at the same time he thinks its ok to mow the lawn and weedwack at 7:00am. some people have honestly nothing better to do then harp on what other people are doing. the most dangerous thing in the world to me is mcdonalds. 1 million fat asses served everyday. nobody bitches about them though

·
Registered
793 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

but at the same time he thinks its ok to mow the lawn and weedwack at 7:00am.

<hr></blockquote>

I just got out of court, again, because of some stupid $hit like that. They didn't like the guy that lives upstairs cuz his car was loud and it got to the point that whenever I started my bike, they'd call the cops. The guy wasn't even around and the cops said it was B.S. YZR, did they do the circular saw thing yet? How about the snow blower at 1am? Fookers! Mind their own business. I don't do wheelies regularly because of a ticket....well, not intentionally anyway. Alot of the guys I ride with do though. It doesn't bother me because it isn't me doin it. I'll stick to my routine and them to theirs. I'm happy just to be able to ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts