Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yeah ive decided to jump the bike bandwagon, so my friend can have a riding buddy.
I bought my first bike, an old POS 87 750R, I already have all my gear and everything so im trying to be as safe as possible.

And just in case there is anyone from OT here, yeah its the same Evan.

Anyways, nice to join the biking community.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Do you have any experience, even on dirt or anything? Have you thought about taking the MSF course (Motorcycle Safety Foundation)? LOTS of people on this board have done it and always tell new riders to do it. That old 750 can still get you in trouble but just take it easy while you're getting use to riding...it takes a while to get real comfortable and gain some skills, don't try to catch up with your buddy too fast. You definately did a smart thing with buying an older bike instead of something new, that way when you drop it or if you crash it you won't be as mad or out as much money. :waytogo:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello everyone this is my first post thought id just say hi. :postwhore2: :smile:
[ QUOTE ]
ZOEY said:
Welcome to the family here. :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
Hey Gbrookie, and Evan :smile:

Welcome!

Gbrookie, could you please replace your avatar with something a little less offending to the opposite sex?
Thanks! :waytogo:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are just playing or do you want me to change it. If it offends anyone one i will change it. I just used it because thats what is on all my other forums thats all. :crazy:

·
Registered
117 Posts
welcome.

Like ENP83 said...MSF courses are golden. I learned on dirtbikes when I was a kid and I think it has saved my life a coulple times..especially in the spring when all the ice melts and there is sand everwhere on the roads. Taking a cloverleaf at 45MPH in the dirt can take you down quickly. if you know someone with a dirtbike ask them to let ya play around on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I plan on taking the MSF course, I never planned on not taking it.
I have ridden dirt bikes a few times before but I rode 50CC and 125CC motor scooters (yamahas) for like 6 or 7 years (as if that counts for anything)
But yeah im really looking forward to riding.

·
Registered
366 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
MiniBubba said:
fill out your profile n00b.

you should probably ask someone where you can get someone to do maintenance on that thing, because I sure as hell don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Why disrespect someone who was just posting an introduction? :bird:

And if you don't know, why post? Don't be stupid nobody thinks you're cool for that.

"eNewbie " Looks like your a "n00b" too.

:flame: :bird:

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Still I think that was some of his funnyer posts :grin:

Some more...

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Oh, Hi and Welcome Evan! :grin:

·
Registered
213 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Apache_16 said:

Wow. Why disrespect someone who was just posting an introduction? :bird:

And if you don't know, why post? Don't be stupid nobody thinks you're cool for that.

"eNewbie " Looks like your a "n00b" too.

:flame: :bird:

[/ QUOTE ]

We're personal friends, apparently that wasnt' obvious to everyone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts