Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'LL PLAY

Where are all the Central riders?

Venture out of your manufacturer specific forums and say Howdy, take a hike, whatever! Just say something!

If you are in the OKC area or within reasonable riding distance, Joes Crab Shack on NW Expressway has Bike Nite on Wednesday nite and the Harleys dominate! There are literally tons of bike but only a hand full of them are sportbikes. Can I get a little help!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: I\'LL PLAY

Take a hike! LOL!/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/wink.gif Tulsa, OK here. OKC is a little far for a weeknight ride. How about I go and sit in the JCS about a block away from my house? Will that count?/images/icons/wink.gif Maybe get my group up there and make a call from there to confirm?/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts

I'm still in TN, but 30 days and counting and I'll be in Fort Worth Tx. I'm almost official...

Try Triumph

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[email protected] boys this is embarrasing! I know there are more central riders than this on the net. Audioman, what is JCS? I used to ride with 3 other guys, 2 moved to houston and the other sold his bike and is building a Harley. [snif]I'm all alone[snif]

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts

yeah, what is the JCS?

Try Triumph

·
Registered
14 Posts

I live in Piedmont. I was just wondering if there was any week night bike nights. I teach a class on wednesday nights but the class ends May 15. What time does everyone start showing up??

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

AHHH! Thanx Rcktdrivr! How stupid do I feel?

Chadrat, nice bike! You are just a few minutes away in Piedmont, I come from Norman but its still worth the ride. I've been there as early as 6:00 p.m.(gets packed well b-4 dark) and usually they grill burgers and hotdogs outside and of course the cold bev's.

Even with all the harleys its still a great time, those guys put a ton of cash in those bikes and you usually spend half the night drooling over some so bring a bib!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Tim,
Sounds like fun to me. I am glad they grill burgers. I don't like seafood. :) After May 15, I will be there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I had to fight the craving...Im on a subway diet, I gained a few pounds over the winter and I have to shed it b-4 summer. I'm gettin old and the ol body doesnt handle the fatty foods like it used to! ha....no actually thats not funny!

Whats it like riding an 'expensive' piece of machinery like that? Everything I've heard about it in the mag's is usually pretty good! Related to the RSV Mille, it cant be too bad!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

flix_tim~I too was on the subway diet and loosing waight, until they started puting those cookies in front of me/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
14 Posts

I gain a few pounds over the winter myself. I have an acre of land. Keeping up with it durring the summer is quite a workout.

The Falco is not really that expensive. I got a leftover 2001 for $9k. The 2002 go for a lil over $10k. It has the same engine as the Mille but different suspension and not all the fairing stuff. I like the semi naked look. The Mille R swingarm and rear shock bolts right on to the Falco. I am still breakin her in. I have bout 50 miles left to go. I absolutely love the torque. It is really an incredible bike. The Italians definitely know what they are doing.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

ScotMan, did you knoooowwwwww that you can sub the chips for a couple cookies if you get the meal? OH SHIAT!! Those cookies are made by the devil!!!!!

Chadrat, I was thinking they go for closer to $15k or more...thats a heck of a deal, you only payed $1k more than I did for my 9! Whats the break in period on an Aprilia? I wasnt even aware that we had a dealer here?

·
Registered
14 Posts

The Mille R are the ones that close to $15k. Break in is keep it under 6000 rpm for 600 miles. You can do most of the maintenance yourself. There is an Aprilia dealer in Tulsa. I got mine from a dealer in Ohio. $9k shipped to my driveway. A guy at Baker Boys Yamamha told me that an Aprilia rep talked to them about carrying the line. They said they don't have the room for another line. I took this information as Aprilia is looking to get a dealer in OKC. Now if I only had the money to start up my own dealership then maybe I could finally get out of this damn cubicle!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

They shipped it to your house for 9k! Thats great! You would have to beg a local dealer for delivery. 600 mi. for break-in is pretty painless! Wanna race! hehe

·
Registered
14 Posts

Actually the bike was $8600 plus $400 for delivery. I could have picked it up myself for less but I get sleepy driving to Dallas. :) So to Ohio and back would take at least 4 days. I still got it less than what the Tulsa shop wanted for a leftover 2001. If the weather ever clears up we should go ride some time. I want to check out Red Rock canyon. Do you ever ride with Speed Tribe?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts