Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'ll be bahk...

So, there I was... A sunny Sunday afternoon. I had received an email from a guy who was going to come and look at my '02 XR400 that I have for sale.

I pulled it out from under several cardboard boxes, and from behind the kids mountain bikes. I hadn't started it up in about a month, and before that, in about two years. I had given up on dirt riding in '04. No time to do it with the new baby, and that was that...

I just about pushed the damn thing out in front of a car, I was so frustrated trying to start it! :flame:

Finally the damn thing jumps to life. My third child, the 2 year old boy that put a stop to my dirt riding, was in the garage with me at the time. He loves motorcycles. He has spent more time sitting on my streetbike than I have since I bought it last August.

Anyway, I figured once the bike fired up, he would run away, but no... He walks over and wants "uppies". So I picked him up and sat him on the tall thumper. Then he says he wants to go for a ride. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't make it out of the garage and all the way down the driveway before he would freak out and want to get off. Wrong again.

We start heading up the street and around the block. The little bugger is shouting "FASTER! GO FASTER!" So, I thought, dang... Maybe I shouldn't sell this thing.

So I looked into getting a :808922-fiddy: for the kids to mess around with. I have a 15year old daughter and a 7year old son, who have never shown much interest in motorcycles, but I figured maybe my 7 year old would give it a shot while my youngest grew enough to ride a 50.

Here's where things get a little crazy...

I have a buddy who owns a Yammie/Kawi shop. Wouldn't you know it... He will give me a screaming deal on a TTR50 with electric start, and they had a barely used '06 YZ450F listed on their website for sale.

So I start talking to him about trading my streetbike and my dirtbike on a 50 and the big YZ. Unfortunately, the YZ just sold, and they hadn't taken it off the website yet.

Then my buddy says he will sell me a new '06 TTR50E and a brand new '07 WR450F at an incredible price, if I do some freelance video work for him to make up some of the discount.

I didn't have to think about it for too long...

So this Saturday, I am taking my TL1000S back to him (only losing $200 on the trade!) and I believe I have a buyer (or 4) for my XR. I will be coming home on Saturday with the blue :808922-fiddy: and then I just have to wait until November/December to take delivery of...

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Time to get dirty again! :809028-ridin:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Re: I\'ll be bahk...

Sweet!

Just one problem though. It's not Orange. :bird: :lol:

Now you can join Ray and I at the RMEC events! That "I don't have a way of getting it around" line isn't gonna work either. Ray lives in the same town as you do. :grin:

Again, congrats!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'd probably be better as a spek-tater, but I am seriously hoping to improve my physical conditioning over the next year or so. I've never thought about competitive riding, but you never know...

You sure you want a blue bike tagging along? :bird:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The little guy shortly after his first ride.

His older brother's new ride.

Damn thing has upside down forks! My XR doesn't have upside down forks! Well, it did once, but that's because I was trying to catch a cactus with my bare hands... :bawling:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well, despite that fact, I keep staring at it, wondering if I should ride it or not. Tina and I are on vacation this week, so my goal is to get the back yard jungle cut down so Scott can start riding. Little bastard has better gear than me now... :flame:

Gimmie a call, or maybe I will man up and call you. We really should all get togher again. Coz I'll need somebody to maintain the valve train on my 450! :blush:

j/k I am going to learn the ropes and do my own maintenance.... Sometimes. :help:

The biggest problem is that I spent all that money on a Honda jacket! :bawling:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
CSS996 said:
I'd probably be better as a spek-tater, but I am seriously hoping to improve my physical conditioning over the next year or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't dirt bike riding one of the best conditioning methods around? Hell, at least it is going to be a lot more fun (ie keep you coming back) then going to the gym and the stairmaster. Set aside some time to work on your conditioning and go ride. Set aside some time to have fun and go ride. Set aside some time to spend with the kids and go ride. :lol: Man, you should be able to get in a lot of riding time if you budget your time correctly. Congrats on the new rides. Your kids should have a blast with that PW.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yeah, I'm hoping riding helps me shed some pounds. I am hoping to get my whole family involved next spring, so that will make it easier to devote more time to it. I know I felt better about myself when I was riding somewhat frequently. I have missed that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts